Bad new's with my angel's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well 2 of the angels I just added to my tank have paired and just layed eggs and are terrorizing the other three keeping them corralled in the opposite side of the tank. They've been doing this for the last 4 days. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take them out. Man and I've only had these for 3 week's, just my luck. That's the only bad thing about angels and not having another tank to put them in. My friend will be getting them since he has the room.
sad.gif

If your tank is big enough, you can try to place a curtain of plants down, say, the middle of the tank to break up the view of the pair from the other fish. This might help keep the pair's attention on breeding and not defending.
I am currently doing this with a trio(2-F, 1-M) of Angels that formed. The 3 fish spawned once together but have since each spawned separately with the male. Since putting a curtain of plastic plants in the tank and 2 breeding sites on either side of the tank, the 2 females stay on their own side and only interact with each other when one crosses the "line" of plants. The male on the other hand, has free reign of the whole tank. You may want to give this a try before giving up your fish to your friend.
Also, if you are not interested in breeding them, break up the pair and give the female to your buddy or put into another tank. A gender only tank of males will actually get along pretty well if there are no females in the mix. I keep a tank of male only and female only Angels as backups for my breeding pairs.

Hope this helps

With me getting rid of that pair the 3 I have now I'm pretty sure are all females.

With me getting rid of that pair the 3 I have now I'm pretty sure are all females.

Ok then, here's the potential problem: I've had females pair off and spawn together so you don't necessarily rid the tank of aggression with an all female tank. Males, on the other hand, tend to not be as aggressive towards each other when no females are around.
Sounds like it's time for another tank ;):brows::whistle: LOL

Don't have the room at this time. The 2 golden's I've had together for 9 month's with no issue's. Now this koi I added a month ago get's along with the golden's good. No fight's at all.

Don't have the room at this time. The 2 golden's I've had together for 9 month's with no issue's. Now this koi I added a month ago get's along with the golden's good. No fight's at all.

Maybe then they are not females after all? Just filling you in on the possibilities. Fish don't always read the book ;) Good luck with them (y)

Back
Top Bottom