Bakpak 2 Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyen27

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have the Bakpak 2 hanging on the back of my 15gals tank, I'm afraid that the weight will take it toll after time on the side of the tank, plus that I'm putting a canopy on top of this tank also, my question is can I built a support, just like a table and put the skimmer on it, lifting the skimmer up from the bottom so it doesn't have to be hang up from the back of the tank? Is this can be done without any problem?
Thanks in advance.

Yes you can, but I would only raise it just a hair, maybe 1/16", just enough to get it off the lip of the tank, but FWIW, I don't think it's necessary, I have a HOB fuge (about 3 gallons of water) and a remora skimmer hanging on the back of my 20L and have been there for over a year, with no issues.

Thanks, I'll just leave the skimmer hanging then, but out of curiousity, why it is have to be 1/16" ? :mrgreen:

If you raise it too high off the back of the tank, it will effect the head pressure the pump has to pump the water into the skimmer and reduce the efficiency of the skimmer. With HOB skimmers you want a stable water level for the same reason, head pressure starts at the water line.

Back
Top Bottom