Base Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaher2

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know of a good place to find some Base Rock at a good price? My LFS doesn't carry any base rock and I was looking to start a 120 gallon tank and was gonna place 75lbs of base rock and 50lbs of actual live rock, but I don't know where to find a good deal.

I hear that reeferrocks.com is back in buisiness now so i'd definately check them out. As i recall they were something like 2 bucks a pound and shipping was pretty good i think. Many people go on about how good the service and rock is, so i'd check it out.

ya hirocks is gone. And i hear that they werent so great either. They apparently had HORRIBLE customer service (people wouldnt hear from them for a month...no emails, calls..nothing...then the rock shows up one day..probably after they went and spent money elsewhere half the time lol) And the rock was very dense, so you'd need more of it. But for the price....60 bucks SHIPPED for 60 pounds wasnt a bad deal at all. Cheaper than going to the lfs and paying a buck a pound for lace rock after you count in all the gas cost that you just used.

Back
Top Bottom