BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KH is around 5 i use seachems alkaline buffer and acid buffer

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really dont use the alkaline buffer though since the Kh hangs around 5 by itself

It may be hard to see in the pics but ludwiga showing dark red veins. Is this normal or Mg?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418400179.956447.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418400179.956447.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 36
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418400214.485640.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418400214.485640.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 39
That's what the new growth on mine looks like too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not near my tank but I found a pic of the bonsai on my phone (slow load - high res) and it's not the best view but I do not see the veins you speak of.
yEEfG8z.png

Your light must be intense because even the pogo near the top of my tank do not get pink like you have in the pic a few posts back. Maybe a yellow tinge but not pink. And this is with lights that run for a few hours at a combined 100+ PAR at the substrate.

Id say the pogo is a lime green. Its not red in any way unless you are seeing the little bit of brown algae on it.

So this happened in the matter of 20 min, when from perfectly clear to this.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418441153.304002.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418441153.304002.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 49
No idea, went to the other room came back and WHAMO, nitrites are at 0. Fish looked very stressed either due to me flipping the lights or the water. I threw in the UV sterilizer... Hope everything is alive in the AM.

Take some water out and put in a white dish. Need to see if the water is clouded white or green

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Good news! Water is cleared up over night! I noticed the lower leaves on the ludwiga are slightly cupped as well. The osmocote plus does not contain any calcium as well. I purchased CaSO4 to start making my own GH booster. I started an experiment with a seiryu stone in a cup of RO water too see how it effects the GH. I am going to keep doing large water changes for the next few weeks to hit a "reset" on this tank. Is cupped leaves new and old still a sign of calcium?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418477005.693517.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418477005.693517.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 48
Oh B.. I'm sorry bro, frustrated to the ceiling I'm sure.. let the uv run, should clear it up?? Dose prime for the fish until we get this figured out. Will they take food?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank is all good this morning they are some food and are all back to normal colors!

The ways this tank has been im not even surprised anymore. The craziest part is I've successfully kept GBRs since August...

Back
Top Bottom