BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news! Show that tank who's boss!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anyone care to sex this ram? I am certain the other one is a female due to a very pink belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418847532.835667.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418847532.835667.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 67
Small? Possibly female. .

Both if my rams are about the same size. Have not bred since ive had them but that could be due to other reasons then just m/f

How long have you had them?

Was that pic taken right after lights on?

Okay, for those interested the GBR discussion was continued in the Cichlid forum. But another fish note. The SAE's I bought about a month and a half ago have started showing more interest in fish flakes than algae.They are also getting quite big about 2.5-3 inches. Now I have two choices I can try to trade them for 2 smaller SAE's OR trade them for more oto's(I only have one). Another relevant note is **at the moment** there is no hair algae but still some GSA. What do you guys think?

Teaser pic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419015053.253440.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419015053.253440.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 64
Yes sir! If you like it I might just send you all of mine! Beautiful plant, doesn't want to root or stay in the substrate.

Weekly Update

img_3117830_0_2a8eb20d4d49c6028f7360645d17cf11.jpg

The star repens are showing some life and not melting(still crossing fingers). I picked up some new mermaid weed at my LFS. If was a pretty big bunch so I have some scattered still. I reorganized the AR mini and I am seeing some healthy side shoots. I am going to wait for the new growth to get a little bigger before I separate them. Only some plants are in their permanent spots still seeing if I have this tank back firing on all cylinders.

Merry christmas to all who contribute and follow this thread! Have a great day with your families and may santa bring you some fun new toys!

Update

Interesting update... While the melting has slowed I have seen I first stunted S.repens tip. I have a calcium test on the way... The AR mini remains stunted. Any other thoughts?
img_3120216_0_e9a61ce71e40a7ed3625f24275b157e4.jpg

img_3120216_1_54e8debfea81516e93447b7bbfac3ef1.jpg

Sorry, this has got me stumped.
When was the last time you changed the fluid in the DC? From the pics it looks green to greenish yellow.

I usually change it about every 2 weeks. It starts off a light green and changes to a lime-green yellow by the end of the day. It is in the opposite corner from the CO2 diffusion and about the height of the AR mini. My GH was a 9 so unless I just have a ton of Mg in the tank (not that far fetched) its not calcium. This really might be a CO2 issue... I turned it up a bit but its about time to switch the tank. So I will have to readjust on the next tank.

I found an interesting article from Tom Barr about A Reieneckii being a stunter if there is poor current and CO2. Possible that after I added the root tabs that the plants had more available nutrients, tried to grow at a faster rate and needed more CO2 and it was not available so they stunted...?

I found an interesting article from Tom Barr about A Reieneckii being a stunter if there is poor current and CO2. Possible that after I added the root tabs that the plants had more available nutrients, tried to grow at a faster rate and needed more CO2 and it was not available so they stunted...?

Nutrients are not what drives plant growth speed. That honour belongs to lighting

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom