BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to move my anacharis because the stems where being blown sideways from the flow. Only downside from the current I am using right now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea... Thats what i am trying to avoid with the spraybar. I will add more holes if i need too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am tossing around the idea of a spray bar. Might still add one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Id prefer the spray bar to get more flow over the entire tank. I think a power head would be too powerful.

I have the Eheim 2213 filter with a spray bar and I get a pretty good flow. My Panda Garra love it haha!

What size tank do you have? Any pointers for installation and maintenance?

Good news! There has been 0 star repens melt this week! But AR mini has not improved...

Good news! There has been 0 star repens melt this week! But AR mini has not improved...

Nice, mine just bounced right back too, so bizarre.. i threw in the towel on the ar, complete up root> trim> replant.. they're back to tiny little sprouts. Picked the healthiest of the bunch though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did that with one stems a few days ago, too soon to tell the impact! One more PWC this weekend should have resolved the last of my wacky fert dosing.

Here is the weekly update. Everything is really starting to come back around. I am going to have to do some more permanent organizing of the plants. Going to install the canister next weekend which will be a fun project. Let me know if you have any tips or ideas of how to organize the plants! Thanks for following along!
[URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/bcarlson77/media/IMG_0935_zpsff1eb3e0.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/bcarlson77/media/IMG_0936_zps99453622.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/bcarlson77/media/IMG_0934_zps7a739a6b.jpg.html][/URL][URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/bcarlson77/media/IMG_0933_zpsa70cc6e0.jpg.html][/URL]

Wow! So much pogo and limno. I like how they frame the scape. The taller AR mini can be cut back and replanted. I just did that about a week ago. Just seeing double sprouts now.

Nice B! That limno is looking excellentee

Yea its more of the AR mini on the right side should trim the top and see what it does. I may or may not stay with the limno. We have a love/hate relationship.

The thicker stems do not want to stay planted and my pleco like to swim back in the corner at night and uproots them. Ive just starting putting weights on the bigger stems.

Are the weakened at the bottom?? What type pleco again? Sorry..

No surprisingly the weights dont effect the stems. The pleco is a rubber lipped he's about 2.5 inches

Place some small stones around the base of the stem, should block mr pleco from bumping into in the dark.

Not a bad idea....

I want to get another narrow stem plant between the mermaid weed and limno... Any suggestions?

Bylxa will eventually go in front of the pogo forest under the wood. I would love to grow downoi but both times ive had it fail

Rotala rotundifolia is nice, pinks up under higher light..

I love how we all use the same plants. All our tanks will look identical one day lol!

I use co2 tube suction cups to hold new stems to the side of my tank. I let them start to develop roots then replant if im having trouble

Back
Top Bottom