Before you get that Oscar.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice article! What size tank would you think for a pair?

We used to breed pairs in custom made tanks. It wasn't so much the gallonage as it was the length and width. We used 48" L x 24"W tanks. It was about 75 US gallons but shorter in height than the standard tank to make up for the 6" extra in width.

How'd you like those Lemons? :brows: They weren't even around when I had mine. I'd almost think of getting some if they were available. :D:lol:

(y)

I did indeed - very nice. The ones with the long flowing fins I'd never seen either. Grand fish. (and I'd have a perfect excuse for my poor plants :) )

How do u change ur profile picture i want to put this One . Please help ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397261180.884376.jpg

Right Now 20 gallón but im looking for a 75 gallón since i know they Will b growing Soon :)

I know im looking for one ive seen That Ppl say they are really dirty but mine have there tank really clean but thanks :)

How do u change ur profile picture i want to put this One . Please help View attachment 232835

Go to your profile page and look at the header underneath your profile pic ( which shows your last activity and current activity and you'll see a link " Customize Profile." Click on that and you should see a link ( it's on the left side on my laptop screen) to change your profile pic. (y)

Originally Posted by oscarfish2014
I know im looking for one ive seen That Ppl say they are really dirty but mine have there tank really clean but thanks :)

The tank is only clean because the fish are really small. Wait till they grow a bit more. :brows: My large Oscars made Poo larger than some of these teacup varieties of dogs do. ;) lol

Really? Lol thanks for the information what kind of oscar do u have?

Big fat healthy ones (y) I don't have them now but back in the late 60s and early 70s, I used to breed Commons, Red Tigers and Reds. These were the only varieties that were available at that time. While you have today more variety, we made up for that in size. I had 13 pairs and many of my breeders were over 15 inches in length with my biggest pair being 22" & 24" wild Oscars. Today's fish don't get that big anymore ( I've been told) because of all the breeding it took to create the other colors and fin shapes. ( I'm not sure you can even find wild ones that size anymore due to overfishing :() But if you feed them properly, they poo regularly and it gets messy. Bigger filters than normal and larger tanks are a must or you'll be shoveling Poo daily. (y)

Oh wow those were Huge fish. Well i had a question i bought two ones a red One And One is a albino the red oscar has like a little white hole or spot idk what i really is i thought it b ich but i Been putting something called quick cute but it hasent helped do u know what i should do And if yes for how Many days?

Looks like That And idk what to do or if Its ich

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397276694.525439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397276694.525439.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 93
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397276719.485585.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397276719.485585.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 97
Hole on the head

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397297714.198260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397297714.198260.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 96
Hole in the head, not good, results from poor water conditions, you really need to read up on oscars..

Back
Top Bottom