Before you get that Oscar.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i have but it Came with it i bought it at Walmart
doesnt surprise me, you really need to take them back. I know it's sad, they will die in your 30 gal tank.. No offense... They are extremely difficult fish to keep happy and healthy in a 75 gal tank, impossible in a 30..

I dont know if they Will take them bck they Only give u some days And idk what they would do to it :(

Buy a 55 gal, $1/gal sale ends this weekend I believe, and two aqueon 55 filters, a 300 wawatt heater, play sand and some rocks..you'll have a much better environment for them "temporarily" for under $100..

20 gallon is too small for the smallest of oscar. 125 gallon 6 foot tank is the recommended tank size these days for 2. I keep one wild caught oscar in 125 gallon tank with some silver dollars. You need to research and educate yourself or your fish are going to suffer. You need a bigger tank now. I would get a 75 gallon and rehome one and keep one. If you've never raised them before, it really needs to be seen to appreciate how fast these fish grow. I've had mine 8 months and it's almost 12 inches. Fastest growing oscar I've had in 30 years of keeping them off and on.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Oh wow those were Huge fish. Well i had a question i bought two ones a red One And One is a albino the red oscar has like a little white hole or spot idk what i really is i thought it b ich but i Been putting something called quick cute but it hasent helped do u know what i should do And if yes for how Many days?

Looks like That And idk what to do or if Its ich

Maybe it's my eyes but I don;t see what you are asking about in these pictures. White dot? Where?
So here's some things to look at: Quick Cure, great medication for parasites ONLY if it is still good. Here's the test, take off the lid and smell it. If the bottle doesn't smell like Formaldyhide, it's outdated and the med won;t work. If it does smell from Formaldyhide and the white spot is still there and you have used the proper dosage for the recommended amount of days, it's not a parasite so stop using the quick cure and take a close up pic of the fish to a qualified pet shop and ask what it is. HITH is unlikely unless you have had the fish for a while and they were in bad water conditions. Sorry guys but I've never had an Oscar come down with HITH from being in too small of a tank, just in bad water. :whistle: And I am admitting here and now, my fish never were in anything over 75 gals. Even the big boys ;) :eek:

It has a little hole n the head n I've tried ich medicine and it didn't help the fish came like that

Okay but is it hexamita Hole in the head or is it natural dents and dings from other fish or decor he may have bumped in to? That's why I say, take it to a pro and let them look at it up close and personal ;) ( BTW, Walmart would not be on my list of "Pros" to take this to.)

Ok it's on the top it's little on the head

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397359244.926640.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397359244.926640.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 66
Oscars do not get HITH. HITH is a parasitic condition that affects discus and angelfish. HLLE (Head and lateral line erosion) is what everyone is referring to. HLLE is due to poor diet and/or water conditions, and many larger cichlids, especially oscars, are very susceptible to this condition. With that being said, I do not believe it is HLLE, but rather a cut or scrape from a decoration or tankmate.

I know it's been said and everything, but a 75 for two adult oscars will crash quickly. They are extremely messy fish, as well as territorial and moody. They may be small now, but oscars grow incredibly quick, at a rate of nearly an inch a month

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom