Best 5 gallon tank kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My QT tank is usually 3-5 gallons, and I need a new one. I had an elcipse 3 gallon, and It sadly had an accident and the bottom acrylic corner is broken. I planned on trying to save it, with silicone. But I think I may just get a new tank. Any suggestions? I miss having the smaller tank. I could whip out, treat a sick patient, then clean and slap back in the garage. I have a ten gallon, but for only a single fish seems like over kill. I already have a nice 4x4 inch piece of filter media cycled in my 29 gallon. (before accident)

• needs to be simple
  • nice looking
  • good ability to filter water
  • easy to clean
Maybe turned into a shrimp tank or betta tank for Phil if phil can't handle the community tank life

suggestions?

The fluval edge is very nice IMO. However I don't think it's very easy to clean and doesn't have great filtration.

I have a Top Fin 5.5g I got at Petsmart. I think it was on sale for $27.99. It came with a lighted hood, Top Fin 10 filter, and a net.

It's working about pretty well for me.

Do you have any of the tanks listed? I had the 3 gallon eslipse but it broke when it fell off the counter. I was thinking the 5 gallon hex, but I wanted to see if anybody had a small tank that could give me advice on current, ease of cleaning, durability etc.

I don't own one but Walmart has Hawkeye 5 gallon kits for $20 online right now. They seem to get favorable reviews on the Betta forums.

I have a 5 gal I bought at Wal Mart for $20. Pretty good. Easy to clean and the filter it came with works pretty well. I had to swap out the bulb since I have plants. My Betta loves it. Had to make a baffle out of a water bottle so he doesn't get pushed around. I recommend it.

I have a 5 gal I bought at Wal Mart for $20. Pretty good. Easy to clean and the filter it came with works pretty well. I had to swap out the bulb since I have plants. My Betta loves it. Had to make a baffle out of a water bottle so he doesn't get pushed around. I recommend it.

I agree...i have this same tank. The filter has real good flow and super easy to clean....it is my red chery shrimps home

I have owned a couple and I learned that I don't have the patients to clean such a small tank. I find that no matter which one you get they are all hard to clean because when you put your hand in water comes out the sides. Also I would stay away from the ones with many corners.

Back
Top Bottom