Best Breeding Fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shell.
Freakin'
Dwellers.

(Neolamprologus multifasciatus)

Seriously, I got them 6 months ago. They breed easily, they raise their own fry, their behavior is over-the-top and engrossing to watch. You could easily keep them in a 10 gallon. I seriously cannot recommend them enough.

If you want a challenge? Try breeding kuhli loaches in one of the 10's.

Challenge is otocinclus

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

PRL (pure red line) Cardinal shrimp, black king kongs. All these shrimp are 10-20 bucks apiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any livebearer will just start reproducing. Mollies, platies, guppies

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aphyosemion Australe

10716.jpg

Good community fish
Not terribly difficult to breed
Reasonably hardy
Very rare (i never knew why)
Sells for around $15 per pair.

Aphyosemion Australe

10716.jpg

Good community fish
Not terribly difficult to breed
Reasonably hardy
Very rare (i never knew why)
Sells for around $15 per pair.

You can get your killis $15 a pair?!? Yet again I feel dudded by Australia's importing laws...:face palm:

PRL (pure red line) Cardinal shrimp, black king kongs. All these shrimp are 10-20 bucks apiece.

Those shrimp sound awesome! Including the blue bolt and sss.

But talk to me a bit about breeding shrimp, assume I know nothing. Shrimp probably need a sponge filter?

What about water conditions and do they breed rapidly? Or if I buy 6 shrimp, I might not have a chance

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those shrimp sound awesome! Including the blue bolt and sss.

But talk to me a bit about breeding shrimp, assume I know nothing. Shrimp probably need a sponge filter?

What about water conditions and do they breed rapidly? Or if I buy 6 shrimp, I might not have a chance

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Neocarndia shrimp will breed in pretty much any water, and I usually suggest getting 10 shrimp, also you can't mix different neocarndia shrimp in the same tank. An a sponge filter will work fine

You can get your killis $15 a pair?!? Yet again I feel dudded by Australia's importing laws...:face palm:

The Australe cost about that much at my LFS. They are more in other places.

The Gardneri cost me $20 - $25

When you're faced with steep costs for imported fish we are facing steep costs for imported Australian corals :)

Guppies are easy and if you have to manny just feed them to other fish as feeder fish and save some money on food

Keep calm and drum on

Neocarndia shrimp will breed in pretty much any water, and I usually suggest getting 10 shrimp, also you can't mix different neocarndia shrimp in the same tank. An a sponge filter will work fine

Why not? Neocaradina will not breed with caradinas.
You can't mix red cherry and snowball for instance. They are both neocaradina and you will lose the whites eventually.

Why not? Neocaradina will not breed with caradinas.
You can't mix red cherry and snowball for instance. They are both neocaradina and you will lose the whites eventually.

I said not to mix two neocarndia species in the same tank. I'm thinking you misread my post.

I think so I miss read.. lol
Anyways, mixing isn't really a bad thing if you aren't breeding them and just keeping in a community tank. My red cherry+Fire Reds+ yellow shrimps have become wild type now.

Back
Top Bottom