Best Breeding Fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about Danio margaritatus, the celetial pearl danio? They sell for a good amount of money (maybe $5-8 each plus shipping; a school of 6 is currently bid at $30 on aquabid.com) and breed fairly easily if you have the time to collect fry. You may need a small (5 gallon) tank to put the adults in over java moss for them to spawn.

Also they are extremely beautiful.

The Australe cost about that much at my LFS. They are more in other places.

The Gardneri cost me $20 - $25

When you're faced with steep costs for imported fish we are facing steep costs for imported Australian corals :)

Curse our Australian laws.... I'd pay $80-$100 for my gardneri udi berge pair.... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430003992.944154.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think so I miss read.. lol
Anyways, mixing isn't really a bad thing if you aren't breeding them and just keeping in a community tank. My red cherry+Fire Reds+ yellow shrimps have become wild type now.

It it's a bad thing at all but I think OP is hoping to breed with plans to sell.

Curse our Australian laws.... I'd pay $80-$100 for my gardneri udi berge pair....

Isn't it crazy? I think I paid $15 for my pair then $5 or $6 for an additional female not long after.

img_3212120_0_72ea8f8cc1fc6cd3977a4d50e87fa9bd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom