Best diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking for the best diet plan for my electic blue crayfish

What is a good staple.

what foods should be supplemented into the diet.

Which foods give the best color.

I keep marbled crays and I feed hikari crab cuisine as a staple and supplement with frozen bloodworms, algae wafers and spirulina flakes. Foods with spirulina and higher protein content help with blue coloring.

Great questions. A great, low-maintenance staple are sinking algae wafers or sinking crab pellets or something like that. One of those every day should be fine.

If you don't mind a little more preparation, you can make snail jello. There are lots of recipes online. Here's some I like: A couple more recipes for snail food

It's also good to mix it up a little bit with some veggies that are in high in calcium like spinach or collards. Here's a good list: List of veggies for inverts

Additionally, if you have fish, it's perfectly fine for the crayfish to eat whatever flakes fall to the bottom. They'll clean up the leftovers.

As far as color, veggies are your best bet for providing great color. Although I don't think it's been scientifically tested, some people say to avoid protein/meat as that may inhibit the colors you want. That means make sure they aren't eating any of the fish or snails in the tank. Veggies help though!

Back
Top Bottom