Best Laetacara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooking12

Aquarium Advice Freak
which is better, laetacara curviceps, dorsigera or araguaiae?

Also, which would be a better purchase deal, all things considered, given that my goal in the end is a pair to go with my keyholes?
a pair of curviceps
5 juvie dorsigera
10 juvie araguaiae

:thanks:

They are all about the same as far as habits and temperments, it comes down to which one you like best. What size is the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank is a 55 gallon 4 ft planted tank. And I might leave in a pair of angels, based upon whether or not I have the heart to give them away.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1 with Gillie. I've got all three and didn't really like the Dorsigera at first but now they've colored up and are amazing. They are all really cool and most pictures don't do them any justice but which one do you like best?

There's also Thayeri and flavilabris, although those are much more rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And Flamannellus and Fulvipinnis will round out the Laetacara group. Outside of the Dorsigera, Curviceps and Araguaiae, you'll probably never see any others.

The Laetacara's have really grown on me as well as my Geo's. Wasn't a huge fan of either type of fish when I first got them but after having them for awhile now I love 'em.

I've owned a thayeri before, and my LFS back in Michigan has some right now, but those were collected in Peru by one of the owners, Gillie knows who I'm talking about

I've owned a thayeri before, and my LFS back in Michigan has some right now, but those were collected in Peru by one of the owners, Gillie knows who I'm talking about

Yes I do and I'm still trying to work him for a pair if those apistogrammoides he's hiding

That would be it, he has a 4 ft tank full of them, we're waiting for them to start pairing.

Freak, incase you haven't seen them here's one of the F1 male eunotus he keeps trying to sell me

Attachments

• 1403918072588.jpg
    1403918072588.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 69
Unfortunately no, it's been over a month since I was last in there, I live 550 miles away now, and have no LFS here :/ drove to Silver Spring, MD and found an ok one, but nothing even close to Fins

Unfortunately no, it's been over a month since I was last in there, I live 550 miles away now, and have no LFS here :/ drove to Silver Spring, MD and found an ok one, but nothing even close to Fins

Dale sets the bar pretty high, you may be chasing the dragon trying to find an equal.

In the back far left hand corner? I know for sure he had erymnopyge in the breeding room and I thought I remember seeing eunotus on the glass somewhere there.

Wait, are you talking about he Santa Ana? I had asked once if he would sell them and he quoted $100 a pair, which was more than I wanted to spend at the time. He collected them in peru

He told me eremnopyge too but he got his names mixed up
I do believe they are the offspring 25 bucks a pr if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom