Best tetras!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I've been looking at neon tetras, rummy nose tetras, and black phantom tetras. I was wondering if anyone had any other beautiful tetras with great colours.

I've kept all of those tetras and for me, neons have been the hardiest. It really depends on the source you get them from.

I like Cardinals more than Neons, their red bellies span the whole body. They are admittedly pretty similar though :p

Congo Tetras
Emperor Tetras
Lemon Tetras look great with a dark background
Glowlights are one of my favs
Bleeding Hearts
Ember Tetras are great Nano fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rummy's are the coolest IMHO. I have kept Neon before, and they are much hardier than you might think. They're not goldfish or anything but still...

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

Thanks guys, looks like it will be a school of rummynose, cardinals, and black phantoms (my fave). And then some Cory's for the bottoms, you can't go wrong with them

One of the few neon tetrasView attachment 231550

I don't see a Neon in that photo?
I see a yellow Glo Skirt Tetra and a very skinny Clown Loach that needs a school and huge tanks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396552391.003738.jpg
That's a Neon ; Paracheirodon innesi

Or was that humor ? We get a lot of newbies on this site. Please post accurate info OR be clear it's a joke.

That very skinny clown is a baby with 4 other friends in that tank that wasnt in photo due to "large" tank size & close up cam shot. Ty for your ... Input though.

That very skinny clown is a baby with 4 other friends in that tank that wasnt in photo due to "large" tank size & close up cam shot. Ty for your ... Input though.

Good. Still looks skinny at that camera angle ;) I'm aware it's a baby.
Enjoy your fish.

Back
Top Bottom