Betta Blocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurderComplication

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a seven day betta block since I'll be gone for four days fixing my fish tank at home and upgrading it, I just wanted to get others opinions on them? It's my first time using one so I can't rely put in any input.

I've found that vacation feeders tend to dirty the water more than I what I'm ok with. Since you won't be gone the full week though, you may not have as much of a problem because you could remove the unused portion when you return.

If you've got extra blocks (sometimes they come in packets of a few) try using one while you are still with your betta and see how he responds to it. Most of my bettas only want to eat from the top of the water and will ignore anything that stays at the bottom (like a vacation feeder).

Good luck!

Good thing I just did a 80% WC!
My Betta tends to eat anything, he even goes after my sinking pellets for my shrimp! I have four plants in my tank so he should have enough plant matter to feed off of.
It came in a pack of 7 for 2.50, so I can always try it out like you suggested later.

I would say No to Vacation Blocks in less than 20-30g of water. The risk of crashing your tank is much higher than the risk your fish will starve.

Most Bettas will not eat them and I've had many many customer horror stories. I'll never use one.

I used one when I went on vacation in my 10 gallon tank with 3 mollies and my betta a while ago and it did fine water quality wasn't bad just do a pwc when you get back!

I just used one for my betta in my five gallon tank. I was gone for six days... Came back and none was eaten it had just turned into a giant blob of slimy mold. It was nasty. But my betta is picky and isn't happy with anything but freeze dried blood worms so you might have more luck

Back
Top Bottom