Betta Disaster (but quickly solved)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
I hate Top Fin dividers.

I put one in my tank so I could put two male bettas in the tank, and all goes well. I leave the first in for the night to make sure he can't get to the other side, and he doesn't. So today I put my other male in. I come back maybe five minutes later and see two fish on Patriot's side. I realize its two male bettas and scream at my mom to get the net.

I got Patriot out and put him back in his temporary gallon bowl.

Now I have to get another divider, and I'm obviously going to worry about the same thing happening. I'm just glad that I came in when I did, or else I would have come in to find a dead Betta.

Okay, sorry about my rant, I was just angry.

I had to make one out of cardboard cause the divider had clips that kept the top from fitting. I think I'm going to have my dad make a divider for me. Then there won't be any gaps for them to get through by. I'm just so glad that both fish are okay. They hadn't even had time to start fighting when I came in.

Bettababe1011 said:
I had to make one out of cardboard cause the divider had clips that kept the top from fitting. I think I'm going to have my dad make a divider for me. Then there won't be any gaps for them to get through by. I'm just so glad that both fish are okay. They hadn't even had time to start fighting when I came in.

I was thinking he jumped over... But idk.

There was a small gap on the sides of the divider. I'm thinking that when he saw another male Betta, it gave him enough of a reason to push through that he didn't have before. Jumping probably wasn't it.

Ooppps

Sorry that happened and glad they didn't harm one another. I am dividing my tank so I can do pretty much the same thing. I did research on the store bought dividers and quickly threw out that idea. I did a search for homemade dividers and found a great one using the plastic mesh from craft stores and the clear report covers ( you just use the black binder piece). I made one in less than 5 min and I decided to silicon it in since it is permanent. If you haven't already got one try doing a search for the homemade one. Good luck and thanks for reading my long reply :D

Bettababe1011 said:
There was a small gap on the sides of the divider. I'm thinking that when he saw another male Betta, it gave him enough of a reason to push through that he didn't have before. Jumping probably wasn't it.

Can you get your dad to help you seal it?

Back
Top Bottom