Betta lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrskater1999

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i was wondering what color light would bring out the color of my blue-green half moon betta. Right now i have a light that can be found in lamps. I was thinking maybe a dark blue light. Any ideas?

Very blue light
Yep, a deep blue lighting would be excellent. I also used to own a betta. He had alternating red and blue lights that looked AMAZING with him (he was a red betta). I also found that deep black gravel, super dark green plants, and a bright white background brought out his colors. Then again, he was a red betta, so I dont know if it would work the same with a blue-green betta...if it doesn't work, you could always try a black background with white gravel...
I liked to experiment with the style of my betta tank. For a while I had a very zen theme. I used an off-white gravel, with a large brown stone with black stripes in the middle. I put two large dark green live plants on either side. Zen themes tend to look absolutely gorgeous, and the zen themed decorations dont distract from the betta's beautiful coloring like some of the gaudy kids ornaments. That theme would work well too, but basically, I suppose blue lighting would work, just don't use lights that heat up the water, because combined with your heater (which I am assuming you have), it could fry your poor fishy!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom