better diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just wondering what other types of food I can feed my fish other than the usual pellets and flakes? I've got mollies, guppies, swordtail and plecs. I've heard other people say about feeding their fish peas, cucumber etc just wanting to change it up a bit and maybe make my fish a bit brighter and healthier??

I feed peas once a week as a "clean-out." You can get some frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms. I also fed my fish kelp flakes sometimes. Algae wafers and shrimp pellets for the pleco? You can try blanched zuchinni or cucumber for your plecos too.

What type of pleco?
The mollies and pleco will love some zuchinni, the others will probably eat it.

What flakes and pellets are you feeding?
I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum Thera+A.

I use pieces of the freeze dried seaweeds that you can find in the SW fish areas of most LFS. Our plecos and otos really love it. Come to think of it, most of our fish nibble at it. Maybe I'll start using bigger pieces.

They're pitbull plecos and at the min I'm using king British flakes and algae wafers. What do you mean by 'blanched' zucchini?

Sorry to jump in on this post ... dk do u just put any regular peas in the tank?..just curious cause I was gonna start doing the same...once a week

I boil them in a coffee cup in the microwave for 3 minutes, run under cold water, pop the middle out into a spoon, and mush with my finger. Then I just scoop a little on my finger and put into the tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom