BGK in a 55 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
still i really dont agree on feeding them flakes, they are straight carnivores by nature. most BGKs refuse to eat flakes unless they are starving.

i believe live/frozen bloodworms are the way to go

Thats a good point. Yet, I have tried bloodworms and brine shrimp and he doesnt like them! He actually goes nuts for the flakes- go figure!

rkilling1 said:
Blazeherd2306 said:
coldmachineuk, I agree with you on that. Besides of their large tank requirements, they are not very exciting fish. They are noturnal, so don't expect one to be foraging around much during the daytime.

I don't get why people like them so much.

I must say that the BGK that i own is the MOST exciting fish that i have every owned. He comes out whenever i put my hand in the tank. He will lay in my hand and eat for minutes at a time.

Then I guess not all hide during the day. I know they are nocturnal, which means they are most active at night. I also know that its recommended to have a pvc pipe or something similar for them to hide in during the day. They are quite blind and rely on discharging electricity to find food rather than eyesight.

Most of the BGKs I've seen are always hiding in a cave, behind a plant, or in a tube (unless of course they aren't given anywhere to hide), so you must be lucky to have a diurnal one.

I have split off the 20 plus posts that were nothing but a discussion on larger tank sizes and shapes. THat had nothing to do with what the OP asked. Please stay on topic and quit hijacking threads.

Please Hara understand that the OP had long had their answer, and that Physicsdude, Blazeherd, and myself did not purposely side track this thread. It is natural for humans to start on one topic, and in five minutes be talking about something incredibly different and unrelated.

While this thread did go off topic, it certainly was not disrupting the OPs answers. Infact, the talk about wide tanks only evolved from the question of what kind of tank should a BGK have, which in part was what the OP was asking.

You are right, the orignal poster had been answered. Then this post continued on for over 20 more posts with people that had bookmarked it, getting notified and coming back for more info on the original topic and finding a tank discussion. That is one of the reasons we ask you to stay ON TOPIC.

Back
Top Bottom