Bichir stressed an not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Troy.m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off some tank info 55 gallon tank with a penguin bio wheel 400 sand substrate non planted with 3 fish 2 7 inch bichir and a 7 inch fire eel.. I maintain weekly 30% water changes and feed once a day the Senegal eat blood worms pellets krill beef heart the eel eats only blood worms shrimp and tilapia and the delhizi will only eat pellets so far have had them for about 2 years and recently had a bad outbreak in my tank that had killed half my stock i dosed with kanaplex and fungalgaurd.. Tank paramaters right before water change nitrate is 25-30 ppm nitrite 0 ppm ph 8 kh is like 180 go is 30 temp is at 78. With all that out of the way they all seem healthy no spots no dying fish for 3 weeks but my delhizi seems to now be afraid of me and the tank like and when it's not lights out and alone he buries his head in a corner somewhere and stays there and will not eat. Tank mates eat fine and swim around but he just seems so freaked out any suggestions to entice him to eat? I don't mind him hiding but a stressed fish isn't a healthy fish especially when he doesn't like eating any suggestions are welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No still just sitting in his corner he find look good no fin Rot no real signs of any sickness just not eating

He finally ate this afternoon I dropped a shrimp pellet on his stubborn face and he hobbled it up to only spit it out, I was ready to dive in the tank and fight him but when it softened up he ate it.. The great starvation is over

Sounds really great! Fingers crossed it all works out. So maybe not liking the texture or hardness or something?

He still doesn't eat much one or two pellets every now and the will bite a brine shrimp but doesn't eat it, sometimes he swims around the tank all happy and graceful and I go back 5 minutes later and he's buried under something he likes to move sand around too.. Is he still stressed or is he just a weirdo? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447457297.454867.jpg all parameters are stable and in good condition I have a lot of diatoms which I'm trying to battle with planting the aquarium but he should like the plants idk lol I just worry

Back
Top Bottom