Big tank finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow...that is looking great! (y)
Regarding LR, I've been noticing tanks where less seems to be more lately too- I like them.
Ya know, I have to agree with Mike. While I still advocate 1.5-2lbs/gal, I like the extra swimming room (well not me, but my fish :lol: ). I recently upgraded from a 72gal to a 95gal and I used the same LR from my 72 (approx. 170lbs) and only added about another 10lbs. It seems a lot "roomier". Can't wait to see the progress.

It has been slow going. I got a deal on a new frag tank so I am working out the plumbing for it. I have about 50 gal of RO/DI water in the tank and the overflows are filled. Just doing some basic leak testing ...

I have the plumbing mocked up but it is not glued. The frag tank I got is 72"x24"x12"! It is as big as my 75 gal display and the 33 prop tank I have now combined. I am just hoping the Dart will have enough in it to feed it all. I have 2 new maxi-jet kits that flow some serious water if I need them.

Hopefully by this weekend more activity will occur. The electric for the basement is still not in so that is another reason I have not done much. Carpet and electric should be in this week but I was told that last week too!

Pics to come.

Been awhile since I updated ...

Sand and water is in the tank. Plumbing is up and glued and the Dart is a great pump. I have not plumbed the frag tank yet though. I need to build a different stand as I need it a bit higher.

I got my light fixture ordered. I will be adding a 250 MH w/ 2x55 PC setup to my existing 2x250 w/ 2x54 T5.

My basement finishing is slowing me down mostly but it did take 2 days to clear the cloudiness from the water. I am trying to get my sand level where I want before I go forward. I might need to find some base rock to pick up since I will be adding about 180 gal to my existing setup. Looks like hirocks is not around anymore?

I am looking at adding a sailfin and a powder brown tang once everything is setup.

I'll get some new pics of the plumbing, sump and the stand/canopy.

Looks like hirocks is not around anymore?
No, but www.marcosrock.com looks even better and has been getting a lot of good reviews.
Edit-wow they are expensive though! You can get 44lbs of uncured FIJI LR on other sites for only $17 more than 50lbs of marcos base(w/ shipping included in both prices). I did not realize it was so expensive.

I bought mine from marcorocks, and the prices have gone up. You might be able to buy from him off of ebay. That is where I first saw his prices. They used to be less than $100 for 50Lbs....

Well, the tank has had water in it for 2 weeks and I have not moved anything over yet :(

I bought some Lr from a local guy so I have about 80 lbs of rock in the sump now. I have water in the 100 gal frag tank up to the bulkheads making sure they don't leak. The frag tank has 2 2" bulkheads in the bottom so I am going to cap one off and just use one to start. I might need to set up a CL so I will wait till I get the tank return plumbed. I am trying to decide what to do on my refugium so I still have that to do.

I currently have a 18 gal rubbermaid inside my sump that I use as my refugium. I have 2 33 longs that I was considering selling but I might just use one as a refugium. I am not sure I want that much water though :)

I know I need more pics...

Alright, here are 2 pics I took tonight. The sump room is still a mess.

Attachments

• p1010086-small_992.jpg
    p1010086-small_992.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 34
  • p1010089-small_823.jpg
    p1010089-small_823.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 31
180 tank, 100 gal frag tank, 100 gal sump and 33 gal refugium are up and running. I added a 3' tall skimmer as well.

Everything was transferred 3 weeks ago everything made the transition. I have my Yellow tang in the frag tank awaiting the sailfin and yellow eye kole tangs to clear QT.

I will get some updated pics ;)

Very nice! We just started an upgrade on our 120 also to a 180. Livestock goes back in tonight and I can't wait.

Congrats on the upgrade, your stand/canopy came out beautiful!

Ok, here are the pics. Some are decent some are not :)

I took some close-ups of the live stock that I need to upload to my site. But here are the setup pics.

I only have a percula clown, flame angel, royal gramma and a yellow watchman in the tank. I have my Yellow tang in the frag tank awaiting the other tangs to be added all at once. I have 2 YT damsels in the frag tank too. I can't decide if they will go in or not.

Hope you like ...

Attachments

• final1_159.jpg
    final1_159.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 53
  • final2_214.jpg
    final2_214.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 49
  • frag_tank_128.jpg
    frag_tank_128.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 72
  • refugium_208.jpg
    refugium_208.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
  • skimmer_141.jpg
    skimmer_141.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
  • future_additions_213.jpg
    future_additions_213.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 19
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing the setup of that!!!

My friend has a 65 gallon reef, but just moved into a house with a perfect spot to set something like this up. Any chance you could draw out a schematic of your plumbing? It looks pretty wicked ;-)

Looks great! All the hard work is now paying off. How about some close ups of the frag tank? Thanks for the update.

I have some close ups I took. It was just too many to post here. I need to upload them to my website.

Back
Top Bottom