Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I've talked about how I wanted to emphasize on the hardscape, and now that it's pretty much done, I don't think it needs plants... Dang I know this is off topic from the 12 gallon but I don't wanna start a new thread...

Hmm, no plants? Ahhh, live rock and coral!!! Are you going to make a nano reef tank? Haha

Dude, I'm dying to do a rimless reef, but that's way down the line... I've completely let the 12 go, there's freakin hair algae everywhere... I'm pretty sure all the blyxa is gonna die... I'm super upset... It was almost how I wanted it...

Wow really? I thought all this time you've been talking about the 5g Chi tank! So this 12g went down the tubes? Don't give up... You can revitalize it. Commence the war on the algae if you have to. Don't throw in the towel just yet!

Wow really? I thought all this time you've been talking about the 5g Chi tank! So this 12g went down the tubes? Don't give up... You can revitalize it. Commence the war on the algae if you have to. Don't throw in the towel just yet!

No no I was talking about the 5 just sayin the 12 has gone to heck... So there's no way I could figure out a reef tank right now... The 5 gallon is still gonna be my betta tank but might stay hardscape only...

Attachments

• image-2865276048.jpg
    image-2865276048.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 57
No no I was talking about the 5 just sayin the 12 has gone to heck... So there's no way I could figure out a reef tank right now... The 5 gallon is still gonna be my betta tank but might stay hardscape only...

That's a heck of a hardscape. Where do you get your manzanita?

Dude, I'm dying to do a rimless reef, but that's way down the line... I've completely let the 12 go, there's freakin hair algae everywhere... I'm pretty sure all the blyxa is gonna die... I'm super upset... It was almost how I wanted it...

Dude, have you seen Forts thread on that? He made his own LED fixture for it.

I think the hardscape came out really nice! You should just add in some anubias petite/micro and needle leaf java fern and be done with it. Very little maintenance.

I think the hardscape came out really nice! You should just add in some anubias petite/micro and needle leaf java fern and be done with it. Very little maintenance.

I had one prior go at it with anubias nana petite and blyxa... Here's the first scape, the blyxa is small so you have to zoom in to see it...

Attachments

• image-3290980573.jpg
    image-3290980573.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 73
I would HAVE to follow your reef thread. After seeing your planted tanks, I'm sure you would have an amazing reef! Haha. I love your 12 gallon and would be sad if it went down the tubes. Lol. I wish I had the green thumb you do! I'm trying to learn how to scape and I LOVE that 6 gallon! Personally, I think it would look awesome with a carpet, one kind of crypt or sword in the back right hand corner, and then maybe some java moss. If it were me. :)

I would HAVE to follow your reef thread. After seeing your planted tanks, I'm sure you would have an amazing reef! Haha. I love your 12 gallon and would be sad if it went down the tubes. Lol. I wish I had the green thumb you do! I'm trying to learn how to scape and I LOVE that 6 gallon! Personally, I think it would look awesome with a carpet, one kind of crypt or sword in the back right hand corner, and then maybe some java moss. If it were me. :)

Well thank you! :) no carpet in the little tank, I might do something in the back corner... I think I may have one more go at the hardscape but not right now... I've been playing with twigs and rocks for hours... :eyes:

So I think what's bothering me most about the 5 gallon is the one piece of manzanita that has the thickest branches... It's throwing everything off...

Well thank you! :) no carpet in the little tank, I might do something in the back corner... I think I may have one more go at the hardscape but not right now... I've been playing with twigs and rocks for hours... :eyes:

You're welcome! I bet you never thought you'd say that as an adult. Haha. I always want to try a carpet on everything because I'm absolutely determined to get one to actually grow in one of my tanks. Lol. Whatever you choose will look awesome I'm sure.

Actually, one final go for tonight because I'm OCD... Opinions? Then after this well talk about saving the 12... Lol

Attachments

• image-342551503.jpg
    image-342551503.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 79
Looks good I bet if you just did flame moss on the tips of the dw and left the bottom mabey a couple moss balls it would look really cool. Kinda desertish.

Back
Top Bottom