Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, my HC is struggling to make a come back after the last trimming... I hate that you wait months for it to look good, trim, and then have to wait months again for it to recover... :eyes: I think once everything is grown in how I want it, I'll be ready for a rescape with no carpeting plants... :) haha

Also, my HC is struggling to make a come back after the last trimming... I hate that you wait months for it to look good, trim, and then have to wait months again for it to recover... :eyes: I think once everything is grown in how I want it, I'll be ready for a rescape with no carpeting plants... :) haha

That sucks. Too bad its such a hard one to keep nice it makes a beautiful carpet. How is it filling in? The ones Ive had going emersed in Tupperware since June 14th is finally starting to fill in I just trimmed it some. The ones I started on June 24th haven't really done much yet.

When he means "rescape" he's fully converting to the darkside of the force... 12L reef like where Fort's iwagumi went... I can sense Bill is struggling to resist... but the lure of saltwater is strong, especially since his 5g is his anchor! Haha

When he means "rescape" he's fully converting to the darkside of the force... 12L reef like where Fort's iwagumi went... I can sense Bill is struggling to resist... but the lure of saltwater is strong, especially since his 5g is his anchor! Haha

Haha I know the feeling I have a 55 I'm converting to rimless and am considering going salty with it.

Anyone with experience with DHG think its more easily maintained then HC? As in, I won't have a lot of die off like the under layers of HC? Would it be a longer lasting carpet? Already planning what I want to do when I rescape... Hmmm...

12L Dutch maybe???! ((;

Haha, that would be a PITA with how short the tank is... I'd be trimming stems ALL the time!

I'm thinking more along the lines of a simple scene where some branches have fallen, sunk, and the DHG has grown all around it... But I'd use the character of the branches to rise up and down in to the DHG, with some of the ends poking up... Does that make any sense? Sometimes it's hard to explain a vision... I think it would be pretty low maintenance and look very cool and natural...

Haha I figured you would want something easy after trimming three feet of HC for months.

If im getting it right, I see what you're going for! It should be a cool scape. Just something easy to maintain that won't require trimming.

Back
Top Bottom