Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Bill I don't see why they wouldn't be comparable with snails. I think some of the betas are super pretty.

@Brian Haha! The salty side almost claimed me on my new tank...till I compared the cost to do it right. LOL. It would've been like 300$ more. I wasn't up for it. I couldn't pull myself away from planted tanks. I like them more than reefs. I was thinking about a nano reef though at some point. Maybe around Christmas or something when I have some more money.

EDIT: a mini m reef...

No, I meant will assassin snails go after nerites?

I have 3 assassins in with 2 olive nerites and they seem to leave them alone but I do keep them well fed. I've heard a group will gang up on a larger snail but I haven't seen it yet. Just to be safe if you do assassins and nerites together het some larger nerites like zebra, zorro or tiger nerites.

Ohhhhh gotcha. Yeah, they should be fine. I've seen people keep them together a million times.

Looking good! I would be a bit concerned that there isn't enough plant matter in the tank to use all the light- in other words, algae may have a party. :popcorn:

Tank looks really good. and what kind of glass lily did you get?

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'm enjoying the new scape more and more each time I look at it! I'll definitely get that window screen in to dim the lighting a bit.

@wphan the lily pipes are by Cal Aqua.

Yeah, it's the fluxus set, got it from gla. They where out of stock when I first checked too. Just gotta keep checking back, or send them an email.

I mean that the set has been taken down- either they stopped carrying it, or they had a pause in sales (like their tanks). They do sell the inflow and outflow individually though, but that is a bit more expensive. Doesn't really make sense to me :lol:

I mean that the set has been taken down- either they stopped carrying it, or they had a pause in sales (like their tanks). They do sell the inflow and outflow individually though, but that is a bit more expensive. Doesn't really make sense to me :lol:

I follow them on Facebook and they recently posted they'd be carrying a new style fluxus set. Maybe that's why...

Last edited:
Wow "New" set.. doesn't that make harder to resist? Haha... I can't imagine what else they can do to change them... they were near perfection IMO. Maybe they'll be made of indestructible gorilla glass or something now? Lol

Wow "New" set.. doesn't that make harder to resist? Haha... I can't imagine what else they can do to change them... they were near perfection IMO. Maybe they'll be made of indestructible gorilla glass or something now? Lol

Not sure if its a new set or just the outflows. And it says eflux... Is there a difference??? :lol:

Attachments

• image-884930526.jpg
    image-884930526.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 53
Oh that might be the larger ones. We have nano pipes with only one suction on each. Hmmm.. I wonder?

Yeah, aren't these what the set was?

f1__52219.1371509634.850.850.jpg

x1s__82083.1371510230.850.850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom