Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone! So I'm leaving today for a short camping trip, we'll be back Tuesday evening. Should I overdose ferts before I leave??? And how much?

Current daily dosing:

3ml micros
2ml nitrates
4ml phosphate and potassium

Janis, I could use your advice right about now! :D

Wow I don't even dose my 20 that much. LoL but I'm sure your lighting is a lot higher than mine with such a shallow tank.

I would just cut back on the photoperiod to like 2 to 3 hours. I think if you overdose ferts, it might cause algae... Root tabs might be a good idea instead as they're slow release.

I have a hard time maintaining my phosphate level. The blyxa just sucks up all the nutrients! Haha

Ya I just had to up my phosphates another ml so now I'm up to 4ml/day I was dosing 3 but my phosphates where only 1 at the end of the week I have a lot of red plants so I'm trying to slowly bring it up to 2.0 my nitrates I only dose 1ml/day and my csm+b I double on sunday them just 2ml the rest of the week. My photo period is 8 hrs when I upgrade the bulbs and add some more light imma drop it down to 6.

I would just cut back on the photoperiod to like 2 to 3 hours. I think if you overdose ferts, it might cause algae... Root tabs might be a good idea instead as they're slow release.

Crap, already left and dosed phosphate/potassium and micros at 5ml... Only dosed nitrates at 2... I think I'll be okay... I hope... Haha

Well, all seems well with the tank, had to come home a day early... There was a fire and our campground got evacuated... This is from our ride outta there.

Attachments

• image-1509776595.jpg
    image-1509776595.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 105
Southern California. It's right by lake hemit. We go to this campground called hurkey creek all the time. It's in San Bernardino national forest. It was crazy, the helicopters and planes where flying right over our campsite to pick up water from the lake. My wife has better pics on her phone.

Oh wow I'm origionally from the antelope valley. So I know about where you are talking about.

Oh yeah, that's kinda close. It was weird man, looked like it was under control for a minute... Then tons of black smoke started to fill the sky and we were like, yeah, we should probably pack up... :lol:

Well, all seems well with the tank, had to come home a day early... There was a fire and our campground got evacuated... This is from our ride outta there.

Wow! Glad y'all got out of there. Those things spread so fast.

Back
Top Bottom