Biocube 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spec V

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone using a skimmer for a biocube 14? If so which one?

You really dont need a skimmer for a 14g tank, just do your water changes and it will be fine. :) Not to mention if you did get a skimmer it prob wouldnt fit in the back and youd lose in tank space. The biocueb skimmer is garbage from my experience with them so dont waste your money. :)

I've had alright luck with that small skimmer! But agreed with Carey weekly water changes should do the trick!

I term the biocube skimmer as garbage primarily because I have other tanks and other skimmers and the one for the cube pales in comparison to what can be pulled from the water. I had zero luck with the one I had. lol I later put in an aquaticlife skimmer in my biocube and the results even from that cheapo skimmer were sooo much better than the biocube skimmer. The only downside is that I had to run that skimmer in the actual tank part and lost that space. But again, 14g and the water changes are eazy peezy, a few cupfuls and youre done. lol

Thanks for the input. Wanted to see if anyone was using the tunze 9000. 10% weekly water changes are done. Wanted to optimize the water quality of my tank.

I use the biocube skimmer in my 14. I upgraded the air pump and am using longer air stones than the stock. Works well for me. Not as well as the skimmer on my larger tank but to me every little bit skimmed out helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom