BioCube 29g lighting. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lane1223

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I bought a used biocube from a friend locally and it's in almost perfect condition except the lights. It seems the fans and the moonlights aren't working. I think it's the transformer on the inside because it's all rusty. What should I do????

Anyone? Please. Im new to the biocube and would really appreciate the help of someone who has one.

Oh and believe it or not the moonlighting isn't all that great, I don't even have mine hooked up. lol

The main lights work though right?

carey said:
Oh and believe it or not the moonlighting isn't all that great, I don't even have mine hooked up. lol

The main lights work though right?

Yeah the main lights work. My step dad thinks it's the "transformer" on the inside because it is all rusty and isn't connected to the main lights so it makes sense. I just can't find it anywhere online. And I don't want to go buy new fans if they aren't broken ya know?

The moonlights have a separate cord, could that transformer be shot? You can get a replacement for that online as well for like $16.

I'd let it roll as is though, if you must have the moonlights I'd get address that in the future. You can also take apart the top part underneath and see if the connections for the fans are ok, some people even use computer cooling fans to save a few bucks. :)

carey said:
The moonlights have a separate cord, could that transformer be shot? You can get a replacement for that online as well for like $16.

I'd let it roll as is though, if you must have the moonlights I'd get address that in the future. You can also take apart the top part underneath and see if the connections for the fans are ok, some people even use computer cooling fans to save a few bucks. :)

Yeah. We took apart the top and only the fixtures (the moonlights and fans) that are connected to the wire board on the inside aren't working so...that's where I'm confused. Is it the fans and the moonlights or the rusty transformer on the inside?

Back
Top Bottom