Biocube 8 gallon build thread. First time need lots of pointers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's coraline algae...it will spread to the other rock if the conditions are right? What light setup comes with the 8 gal biocube?

+1 it looks like coraline which is a good thing eventually all your rocks. In my nano I have a diamond goby 4 sexy shrimp some hermits and 2 seahorse

Well I live in the 3rd floor, and over in Jersey we had like a week and a half of temps over 100. and no AC :(

Nice my Bro is down here in Florida visiting from jersey. It's always in the 90ies in Florida so Im use to it

Nope they always stay around 77 but I don't use a heater. But I keep the house super cold lol

Lol, I saw a youtube vid of a guy who pumped water from his tank, through tubing that when into a mini fridge (all coiled up in there) and right back into the tank..
You can also take tank lid of, and blow fan at tank

Mini fridges are small. Maybe he had the fridge on the floor and used gravity.

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted much progress. I've been away for a couple days ( 2 days). So I'm having a problem, literally all my readings are at 0. Any chance that all the bb died off?

How much rock did you put in and did you use live sand. You said you used a piece of shrimp to spike it right

I have an 8 gal BC. It is the smallest of my 4 tanks. If you are getting LR, be sure to get around 12 lbs of cured LR for that size tank, it will save a lot of headaches in the future. Also get rid of the bioballs, these things are nitrate factories. You can use crushed LR, I used inTank's media baskets. They are great. I used the 8 gal as a holding cell for my fuzzy dwarf for about a month and a half before I moved him to a much bigger tank. If you are looking for something to be in there as a permit home, your choices will be limited. Stay away from damselfish, they will own the tank, and the older they get the more aggressive they will become.. Good luck on the best hobby in the world..

Well I only wanted coral and inverts in there. How many coral would be good for the tank?

So I put another shrimp in the tank, because I didn't get anymore readings. I'm really confused because I thought I would see nitrates. Don't I don't :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom