BiOrb 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twinguppy81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help!! I have to change the airstone is it a good idea to take fish out as want to clean tank anyway??

It depends on what your idea of cleaning a tank is and how much water you're planning to remove. Tell us what Exactly you're wanting to do

Hi zimmanski!! Ok, I need to change the airstone, and want to remove some small gravel, I put it in when I didnt have money for bigger stones, now I have the bigger ones in the tank I want them out. I have cycle supplement I havent used it yet as I want to change the tank , once I have I will use the cycle and then introduce more fish. Tank been going for 6 weeks water chem excellent water changes every week, and have 3 guppies

Twinguppy81 said:
Hi zimmanski!! Ok, I need to change the airstone, and want to remove some small gravel, I put it in when I didnt have money for bigger stones, now I have the bigger ones in the tank I want them out. I have cycle supplement I havent used it yet as I want to change the tank , once I have I will use the cycle and then introduce more fish. Tank been going for 6 weeks water chem excellent water changes every week, and have 3 guppies

Okay if you're just changing out gravel then I would remove the fish and put them in a bucket, this will stress them out less than if you we're digging around in the tank with them in. I was just worried when you said clean, thought you might be using some chemicals or soap. You can easily change substrate whenever you want, just watch your water parameters for a while afterwards. Also watch the parameters very closely when you add fish because this will produce more ammonia that your BB wont be able to catch up to yet

Back
Top Bottom