Black Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FSEMTB2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can not believe how hardy and fast these fish grow. They are always priced great at LFS and are excelllent for the hobbist.

KLJ

I try to tell people about them, when they come to the store I work at. Great little fish, nice colors, and fairly hardy.

I have them as well, picked up 10 expecting some not to make it in my high light, high ppm C02 tanks. They are all doing extremely well and are very active and healthy. They school with my neons as well, love em!

Yes, I have three and the reason why is that they school with other tetra just fine (my other 5 'usual' neons), and both of my tetra actually school with my minnows, so overall I have a school of 3+5+4=12 fish. Looks great.

Black neons are a great fish, I always try and plug them!

Are they active as zebra danios? I found zebra danios are too active and always be the first to get the food.

I think Black Neons look really nice in heavily planted tanks. Their black stripe stands out really well against green plants. I've never kept these guys, but would like to have a school eventually in a planted tank.

One of my favorite tetra without a doubt. Can usually be purchased for fairly cheap to. Probably one of the most overlooked fish IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom