Blue linckia sea star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeeamer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a blue sea star and he is amazing! So I was just wondering if anyone had any advise?

Many thanks

Attachments

• image-1844962365.jpg
    image-1844962365.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 121
Thanks! he's fascinating to watch! He squeezes into the most tiny spaces between my LR! He seems to be happy but any advise is welcome :)

I've never had one but I just did some reading on them and I want one!!! LOL!

Awesome star! I heard they are kinda hard to keep but im not sure. I would like to know also. If you dont mind, what did it run you?

I'm getting ready to convert my FOWLR to a reef so if y'all would give me advice on what kind of lighting you have and what equipment your using I would be appreciative! The starfish just went on my list of things I want!! :)

h8z2luze said:
Awesome star! I heard they are kinda hard to keep but im not sure. I would like to know also. If you dont mind, what did it run you?

It was £23 so not much in my opinion. Yes I heard they are hard but a project sounds good :)

nikki_kaiser said:
I've never had one but I just did some reading on them and I want one!!! LOL!

Yes they are meant to be a bit of a pain to keep but seems like fun :) I need to learn what's best to supplement his diet

nikki_kaiser said:
I'm getting ready to convert my FOWLR to a reef so if y'all would give me advice on what kind of lighting you have and what equipment your using I would be appreciative! The starfish just went on my list of things I want!! :)

Haha they are amazing - get one! :) if you are serious about a sea star let the tank grow a little first to ensure he has food :)

I use aquaray mini hd 500 led lighting. It's perfect for my tank and when I have a little more money I will buy the controller. This will allow me to have storms and ramp the lighting to simulate sunrises.

There is loads of lighting units out there it depends what you are wanting to do with the tank. how big is it?

My tank is only 55 gallons and 48 inches long. I was looking at kessil but I will check those out!

nikki_kaiser said:
My tank is only 55 gallons and 48 inches long. I was looking at kessil but I will check those out!

Kessler you in the USA? Kessil is hard to get in UK. It's double the price :/

image-1163679043.jpg

I love mine so fun when hes out ..always seems to hide tho ..... Named him ringo ...... Get iy

Lunchbox said:
I love mine so fun when hes out ..always seems to hide tho ..... Named him ringo ...... Get iy

WoW he look amazing!

Lunchbox said:

He looks cool :) how long have you had ringo?

Joeeamer said:
He looks cool :) how long have you had ringo?

I also just bought a blue linkia i had an orange one once before untill my wife started house fire :-( but i can say they dont handle parameter fluctuation to well so try keep params as stable as possible

I do agree that water params need to be very stable. Mine lived about 4 yrs. Here is a few pics of mine.

100_1891.jpg

100_1890.jpg

100_1184.JPG

Ive had mine for about 8 months now doing pretty well do far

Back
Top Bottom