Blue Rams Laid Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So one of my pairs of rams just laid eggs some time yesterday. They are in a 75 gallon community tank with other rams, cardinals,pearl gouramies. What should I do in order to prepare for this? it happened a bit sooner then expected. I would like to remove them so they dont get eaten but not sure how many days in to do it. I have a cycled 10 gallon that Ill be filling with R/O water tomorrow and they will of course be alone in the tank. When do I need to feed them Baby brine shrimp? because I need to hatch some for them on the right day so need to get that system set up but that will be easy.

They are too small initially to eat bbs.

You can move them when you feel comfortable to do so, some ram parents will keep them till free swimming and others will eat them within a day.

I would transfer the eggs with tank water so that the parameters are exactly the same.

They are too small initially to eat bbs.

You can move them when you feel comfortable to do so, some ram parents will keep them till free swimming and others will eat them within a day.

I would transfer the eggs with tank water so that the parameters are exactly the same.

so should I just fill my 10 gallon with my water from my 75 gallon Tank then do a water change on the 75 gallon? Tomorrow is my water change day.

The water from my 75 gallon is always very good every week when I change the water its always amm - 0, Nitrate - 0, Nitrite - 5

Whats the best way to transfer the eggs/Get them of the rock and out of the water? then were should I put them in the 10 gallon?

Yeah that's what I do, I fill the tank with tank water then transfer the eggs.

As far as moving the eggs, if they are attached to something static in the tank then you are stuck until they are at least wiggling and detachable. If you scrape the eggs you'll lost most of them.

I have a lot of plants so when my fish lay eggs its usually on a leaf that I cut and let float in the hatching tank.

Well I have about 50 plants they could of put their eggs on but they chose to put them on a large rock that I cant remove from the tank.Ill try and get them out tomorrow when they hatch then.

A Different pair laid eggs today, my water is softer now dont know if its soft enough but we wil see if this group hatches, They are being treated for ICK right now so I hope that doesnt effect the fry will be pulling them as soon as they hatch if they do.

They are now wiggling but are in the substrate should I remove them and put them in a breeding net?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom