Bmarine's 125 gallon Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotcha. Yeah i might paint it black, or use some black posterboard. Right now i put a trash bag behind it lol.

And i got my first few fish in! They seem happy at the moment!

Thanks! The fish are swimming around and seem happy, so hopefully i'll get a few more soon!

I have 3 fish in the tank now so far! Hoping to get some more soon! Also, is it possible for my lights to be too bright for the cichlids? They seem to hide all the time whenever I have them on.

Update: my fish are all doin good! I'm hoping to get a few more sometime next week! My Red Empress is starting to color up too, so i'm excited about that! Added some pics to my album of him!

I have 3 fish in the tank now so far! Hoping to get some more soon! Also, is it possible for my lights to be too bright for the cichlids? They seem to hide all the time whenever I have them on.

I don't think the lights can be to bright. I have like 12 or 14 cichlids now and they always hide now so I think it has to do with the fish and the habitat. And I got to red empress fry!!! Although they haven't started to color up but I think one of them will be mixed but we will see haha

Yeah they are swimming around now so they are fine! And cool! What size tank are you keeping them in??

Thanks! I'm really happy with it! I'm excited to get more fish too! I just have to wait and build up some money to start up a quarantine tank!

Alright, i have a 5 gallon that i'm using as my quarantine for a bit until i can get a 10 gallon. Hopefully i can get some fish soon! I also have some green algae growth on my rocks, any ideas on how to fight it? Posted a pic on my album.

K i got one today, he's small, but hopefully he'll do the job! Added a pic to my album too!

So, just lookin through all my old threads, and found this one, so i thought i'd update everyone!

I've had this tank set up for about a year now, and it really swayed from my original plan. I decided to do an all-male tank instead of a breeding one. So far my stock list is:
3 red empress (selling 2 soon)
Mylochromis Ericotaenia Manda
Placidochromis Phenochilus
Placidochromis Electra
Lethrinops Mbawa Blackfin
Cyrtocara Moorii
Otopharynx Lithobates
Ruben red Peacock
Red Dragon Peacock

So far about Halfway stocked, hoping to get some nice yellows and more reds in there and maybe a few bigger haps. While slowly stocking this, i realized how uncommon and expensive it is to find peacocks and haps at the 4-5 inch range! Anyway, just thought i'd update for anyone who's curious!

Back
Top Bottom