Bmarine's 125 gallon Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay! Did you paint the stand?

What new stuff are you getting?
Yea, get it at your hardware store

Yea, its gotten pretty expensive though $14 a sheet

Yikes, that is pretty bad, i'll look around and see how cheap i can find it. Its AKA light diffuser right?
And the tank is good, the heaters and media is supposed to come on Weds, and the stand is all painted so hopefully i can get it into position and set it up tomorrow to start cycling it. I have an old marineland hob that i'm putting on it until i save up money for a Fluval C4. And i have to get some sand, and lights, then i think its ready to go.

Got the stand back and the tank in place! Media and heaters should be coming tomorrow! I have to get a background for the tank yet too, but gonna get either black or find a cool 3d one thats cheaper! Added a pic of the newly painted stand to my album!

Use saftey glasses when trimming the egg crate it will splinter some.

Thanks Mike, that could've been bad if i didnt! I actually might use some spare undergravel filter plates. I just have some sitting around and i think its a cheaper alternative.

The tank looks very nice! I really like the stand!

You are doing a very good job! What filter and heater are you geting

Thanks! i'm getting 2 fluval heaters, and filter media for the Fx5 tomorrow in the mail, and i'll eventually put a HOB like a Fluval c4 orAquaclear, but i'm gonna run a marineland penguin for a bit first, so i can save money in that area.

Its not an emperor, its an older marineland penguin biowheel, and not as good as the emperor or the C4. Plus its loud and not terrific, so i'd rather have a more reliable filter.

Well, everything came today! 2 Fluval heaters, 2 boxes of BioMax, and 12 foam pads for the Fx5!! Put some pics in the album!

I don't think anyone answered your question and/or if you already got it, but yes "eggcrate is also known as light diffusor". I am fairly certain it was very cheap the last time i check at home depot.

Back
Top Bottom