brackish water algae eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about Amano shrimp and/or Nerite snails?

What is range is your SG? Glass shrimp didn't survive the my SG of 1.007 but they're doing just fine in my puffer tank with 1.004SG. The real issue with the shrimp is they typically become food and I doubt they will do much for algae. Why not put a single mangrove in there(or refugium) or something to suck up all of the algaes resources and stave them out.

Amano shrimp are good but I think cherry shrimp are better though I don't know if they tolerate BW but I know Amano Shrimp do.I think guppies and mollies will pick at algae too,I heard you don't feed them so they will pick at it by themselves.Ghost shrimp(or glass shrimp) tolerate salt very well,I kept them in my 15 BW at an sg of 1.010 with some plants too.HTH

um, i'm not sure if my fig eight puffer wont eat shrimp or snails. I know it never bothered my other algae eaters.

I'm currently slowly bringing up the SG. to ease the fish from FW to BW. but i dont have a low SG reader yet. I'm gonna get one for making alchohol from eBay, as I heard those work goo for reading in the range of BW, I got a Salt one, but it only goes down to 1.012 and between that and the bottom would be about 1.008, and i havent even lifted it off the bottom yet. but i do need a moracurate tool

Back
Top Bottom