breeding angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerm74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have 2 angelfish fish in my 55 gal tank. i was gone for a couple of days to return to eggs all over my filter intake tube. i went to the store and got a new 10 gal tank to isolate them and when i returned they were gone. it is a community tank so i assume one of my other fish got to them. can i move my angels to the 10 gal to let them breed in peace.

i have 2 angelfish fish in my 55 gal tank. i was gone for a couple of days to return to eggs all over my filter intake tube. i went to the store and got a new 10 gal tank to isolate them and when i returned they were gone. it is a community tank so i assume one of my other fish got to them. can i move my angels to the 10 gal to let them breed in peace.

Absolutely. It will be better for both the Angels and the community tank itself if the pair is removed. Just make sure you put the 10 gal in an area that is low in traffic or disturbances so the fish will spawn more regularly and not eat the eggs. (Egg eating is a typical occurance in new pairs so don;t be surprised if it happens even with them being in a separate tank.)

There is an old thread in the breeding forum here titled "Wigglers at last!!!" which is all about breeding Angels. You may want to read through it. Just about everything you are going to need to know was discussed in that thread. (y)

Hope this helps (y)

Thank you Andy for the info. This is the first time i have had the opportunity to breed fish in the few years i have had tanks. Any other info is well appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom