Breeding betttas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first one was smoothly too. I have two setups foing on right now (new females) with me luck.

The dark side of breeding bettas. Aggressive female...

This guy is recovering well.

I know people love this fish and they want to breed their beautiful bettas. This is exactly why I don't breed my beautiful bettas, I breed my nice looking bettas or siblings to the beauties so I have the genes without the risk of torn fins and worse, death. While the fish usually survive if they don't get infections from the torn fins, their shape doesn't always come back to pre spawn conditions. You take a chance of this happening every time you breed a betta. :eek:
Just a little FYI ;)

anyone looking for some imports? I'm trying to cut my numbers back so that I don't have as many tanks running this winter. I've got 2-3 males and a few females that have to go as well.
Decided to get out of breeding domestics and work on wilds next year

anyone looking for some imports? I'm trying to cut my numbers back so that I don't have as many tanks running this winter. I've got 2-3 males and a few females that have to go as well.
Decided to get out of breeding domestics and work on wilds next year

PLease share images of your females as well as price (shipped to FL). I am interested in halfmoon females, sp. if they have butterfly patterns.

PLease share images of your females as well as price (shipped to FL). I am interested in halfmoon females, sp. if they have butterfly patterns.

I think these 3 are the only girls I have left. All are marbled imports, the blue one was half blue half grey when I bought her but marbled solid recently. Only the 2nd one is an HM, the other 2 are HMPK but will produce HM if put in with an HM male as LF genes are always dominant. $20 a piece plus $12 shipping

Attachments

• image-3548031167.jpg
    image-3548031167.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1798018796.jpg
    image-1798018796.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1521970430.jpg
    image-1521970430.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 73
They all look pretty but they seem pretty close to the girls I currently have. Thank you for sharing, but these are not a good fit for me.

Attachments

• image-2272219259.jpg
    image-2272219259.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 54
They all look pretty but they seem pretty close to the girls I currently have. Thank you for sharing, but these are not a good fit for me.

Yeah, I did have a lot better, but they were picked through pretty well already. I do have about 4-5 males left right now too, which are better picks

Hey I'm going to try start breeding betta and I saw a full pure white half moon plaket male betta and what color would be good to breed with it? I don't see any white female betta just normal color (Green , Blue and Red) ill take a picture of it when I go back to my lfs and buy it.

This him . Just notice he have a slight red on his tail. He's in the light so it doesn't really show the white white on him

Attachments

• image-920824882.jpg
    image-920824882.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image-275925223.jpg
    image-275925223.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 41
  • image-521910353.jpg
    image-521910353.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image-171809221.jpg
    image-171809221.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 55
I would look online for a white female. That would be the best to breed him with if you want white babies. Anything else and you would probably need a couple generations of back breeding to get white fry.

Update on the recovery of this guy.

Attachments

• image-3681298090.jpg
    image-3681298090.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 49
Nice to see he's recovery well and yes I do want a white female but can't pay online

Nice to see he's recovery well and yes I do want a white female but can't pay online

Ask your LFS if they can order one! You usually will only have to pay retail that way instead of paying shipping too. Although if you can find a us seller the fish plus shipping shouldn't be more than maybe $30.

Back
Top Bottom