Breeding Guppy for a bit if money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Float lots of plants. The fry are top dwellers for a while after being born.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok. Any low-light recommendation? I don't have all the fancy shenanigans that you elderly folk (thats just a joke, don't mind me) have... To complicated, too expensive!

So yeah, any specific plants i should use that an run off of just light?

And please dont ask what type it is, it was a gift... I will just say "A bright one!"

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Hornwort works great. Me, Elderly.... No way, bruh. How old is you?

For tips on guppy breeding and strains Google IFGA beginners corner. They have a whole page dedicated to it.
Fry do well in smaller tanks by themselves, so they don't have to compete for food until they are 1-2 months. I just grind up flake and bloodworms for fry food.

Tip you can do is develop the same strain with two independent parents for a few generations, then cross them back with there distant relatives. This takes a few tanks though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok. Any low-light recommendation? I don't have all the fancy shenanigans that you elderly folk (thats just a joke, don't mind me) have... To complicated, too expensive!

So yeah, any specific plants i should use that an run off of just light?

And please dont ask what type it is, it was a gift... I will just say "A bright one!"

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

I've never done CO2. My lights vary from T8, T5 from the hardware store and a few T5 HO. My plants do just fine. I don't want to mess with CO2 due to the extra work and also expense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Following...

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Just got back from camping, starting school again in the morning...

Busy week, so no time to go to get some Guppies...

But yeah, its all planned out... Just have to get Guppies and Java Moss.

Hornwort works great. Me, Elderly.... No way, bruh. How old is you?

Haha. Im 17, so preeeettty sure I'm not elderly.

Although, if i was older i wouldn't have budget problems :)

Dude the older you get the more budget problems you have. Trust me!

You can ball on a budget if you use ur fish tank money wisely ?. Got quad 24inch t5s purchased and shipped for 50$!!!
Brand new!
Built a custom stand and canopy from left over maple plywood.... Pretty affordable

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 BANGAR, Baller on a budget.... Its a lifestyle. ?

Haha. Im 17, so preeeettty sure I'm not elderly.

Although, if i was older i wouldn't have budget problems :)

Well, yeah you have more to pay for.

But, usually, you have a job.

I just help my Uncle for like 10-15 dollars a day, once or twice a week.

So yeahhhh.... Anyone have any job openings in IGH Minnesota :)

+1 BANGAR, Baller on a budget.... Its a lifestyle. ?

Haha!

Im sure i could find better deals, but I'm impatient and wary of buying cheap things due to a fear of having to replace them a lot...

Today I purchased fish from an older purple Moscow line. So excited because I didn't pay $100 a trio like they're priced on aquabid.

I just got done acclimation them about an hour ago and I had the light low
I will certainly take some in decent light tomorrow

Are those moscows from the Mosseaus? Their purples are pretty high priced

I believe these are from one of the very early lines from the Mosseaus. Obviously they have changed since then and with the ones I got the females are still throwing some different tail shapes. I'll get some pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom