Breeding Guppy for a bit if money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not right now. I did pay the $35 for a year membership to IFGA sp I could use their library. Umm yeah, not what I expected. Too dummied down for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not sure. There may be an entry fee. Ifga.org and if or doesn't tell you I will look it up later.

Ok pics. As I said in my build thread these are older lines so may need a little work to get them like the modern strains. Top blue/green and bottom pic are the purples.

Attachments

• 1441909257359.jpg
    1441909257359.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 1441909294933.jpg
    1441909294933.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 64
Cool!

Still waiting to go to the LFS to buy some fish. But of course my schedule... Ehhhh.

The only Moscows i can find near me are Blacks. They are cool but not my favorite.

Its not racist i promise ??

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Getting fished shipped to you from someone off Aquabid isn't an option? Might be a a schedule conflict because you need to be there to receive the package
Hmmm

Cool!

Still waiting to go to the LFS to buy some fish. But of course my schedule... Ehhhh.

The only Moscows i can find near me are Blacks. They are cool but not my favorite.

Its not racist i promise ??

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

If you want to make a little money you need things the lfs doesn't carry. That's why I got the black moscows. :)

Ok pics. As I said in my build thread these are older lines so may need a little work to get them like the modern strains. Top blue/green and bottom pic are the purples.

Love the colors!

Thanks! On the purples he gave me a ton of pregnant females. The females still throw different tail types so I'm interested to see what happens.

Thanks! On the purples he gave me a ton of pregnant females. The females still throw different tail types so I'm interested to see what happens.

Wellllll....

I may have to hit you up on some babies...? At some point. Maybe?

Sure but it will be awhile before I have enough to even think of selling.

Sure but it will be awhile before I have enough to even think of selling.

It would probably be a while before i could afford them. Few months at least. I know they are a bit pricing haha.

Look at the dorsal fin! Holy crap that thing is beastin... Looks like a quality purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What I purchased yesterday isn't even his show quality strain. Lol he has these wonderful blue pastels and some red albino snake skin. Those had giant dorsals.

Well, I've made and solidified my decision.

Just went out today, and bought me some Endlers. I got 4 females, and 2 males. The females are small, which i wanted just to ensure they we rent pregnant already. The males show a lot of purple, green, and orange.

I chose them because i know they have very similar breeding habits to a Guppy, if not the same, and i can easily sell them off to the LFSs around me. Only 1 has Endlers, so i should be able to sell to them, and I'm sure the other stores will take them, I've just never seen them there.

Right now they are in the 20 with the Betta. (The 10 Black Neons were removed due to them nipping the Betta ??.) The Endlers will be moved to the 20 as soon as i seed the sponge filter, which i decided to buy instead of the HOB i have on it currently.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442370114.862232.jpg
Large are males, the smaller ones are females. The pic is just to show the size difference, in case that will cause problems? Im aware they aren't quite yet ready to breed.

So yeah! Tips and such appreciated, if you've got any.

So what strain of endlers are these and what class? How old are they currently? How long before breeding age. I've never had endlers but have seen some in person and I know they are quite small as adults. My recommendation with any breeding program is to get fish from two sources to eventually breed together. You don't want to inbreed a ton because if they are like guppies you get genetic defects the more they are inbred. Did you get them from a local breeder or the lfs or mail? I'm asking so many questions because I'm very curious how other people set things up.

So what strain of endlers are these and what class? How old are they currently? How long before breeding age. I've never had endlers but have seen some in person and I know they are quite small as adults. My recommendation with any breeding program is to get fish from two sources to eventually breed together. You don't want to inbreed a ton because if they are like guppies you get genetic defects the more they are inbred. Did you get them from a local breeder or the lfs or mail? I'm asking so many questions because I'm very curious how other people set things up.

They arent an online order. They are just LSF Endlers. Im just getting them and hoping to get a few spawns out of them before deciding on a more expensive Guppy.

On a slight side note: both males are dead.

Cry.

So yeah, all the females are fine and dandy, males are out. Could it be the Betta not liking the bright colors? Its my only guess... Ive done a lot of tests to reassure myself the water was fine for them, so i have to think the Betta is guilty. It would still be my fault of course, but...

Any possible reasons here besides either coincidence, bad luck, or a jealous Betta?

And they died within 12 hours of me getting them, which leaves me a bit shocked. As i said, the females are happily playing with each other and checking out the Betta, no clamped fins or heavy breathing or anything...

I'm leaning towards weak stock which has nothing to do with anything you did.

That's too bad :( I've successfully kept Endlers with a betta in the past but all fish are different.

I've been breeding Endlers off and on for years, started way back when it was almost impossible to find females in stores.

Back
Top Bottom