Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks nice!

I ordered a rack today, but I won't be able to set it up till January. :(

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

How much does your rack hold? Is there a link to it? I need winter projects so now you will have your work cut out for you in winter too. When I set up bigger tanks I am looking at a metal rack that has metal shelves. I forgot how many lbs but it's a lot. It's $150 at Menards. I wouldn't mind a cheaper alternative. My basement is damp and does have water seepage from outside on occasion when it storms so building a rack totally out of wood or using wood stands is out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's rated 700lbs. I'll see if I can find the link again...

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

If I should look on another thread that's fine. Just link the thread. Sometimes I just skim things through. Short attention span. :(

Well I have one rack totally set up. I've decided it will be just for guppies. The Thai strain of the black moscows will go in the 20g on the bottom. I'm getting 8 of those, 2 males and 6 females. Should be shipped Tues and it's overnight so arrive Wed.

Obviously I'm keeping the Moscow strains separate because they need to be qt'd and by then I should decide how I'm going to go about things. Next rack will be all corys. Orange lasers, black venezuelanus which could be a variant of aneus, hasn't been scientifically proven either way. And then I can put a grow out in the top tank on the rack. I also have albino aneus and I'm buying my mother sterbai to go with her single lonely female I'm her tank. Habrosus is in the nano in my living room. I'm totally not set up to breed them at this time as they are so small.

Going through all my fish stuff. I got a lot of things when a friend got out of fresh water several years ago. I forgot about this stuff, pleco breeding caves, bunch of Aquaclear filters in smaller sizes.

I can't attach any more pics. Do I need to donate money to get more space for pic attachments? or do I delete some somehow from my laptop?

Do you have pics? What kind of racks are you using?

i am really doing what Andy sager has done 2x4's and cinder blocks, i will make a tread once the construction is done down there, of the tank rack and basically all my tanks and projects

Gotcha. I like to be fancy for whatever reason.

Use photobucket or something of the sort for the pic issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't attach any more pics. Do I need to donate money to get more space for pic attachments? or do I delete some somehow from my laptop?

I got really annoyed linking with photobucket and just donated the 15 bucks, it's way easier lol.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a paid membership but I prefer to link images to Imgur. Anyhow, along with the 1,000 image allowed, there's unlimited messages. I hated clearing the inbox.
I8UPU0H.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just take pics with your iPhone or your phone, download the app and upload from there. May not be the best pics but it delivers the message. Works fine for me.

Gold fish are usually "slow" swimmers. Smaller fish that swim faster than gold fish will usually survive longer than slower swimmers. Also, if you provide hinding locations for the smaller fish to hide or "run for cover" they have a better change of surviving.

Ally pics have been from my phone but I've posted so many I've reached my limit.

I can afford $15.02 for convenience. ;) I'll get on my laptop and donate.

Brennae, if you want to use wood for your rack, just add a couple coats of polyurathane to the wood and it will hold up under the wet conditions. In a couple of the stores I worked at, we used a torch and burned the wood first then urathaned it. Looked great ( IMO) It holds up even when you constantly drop water on it. When I left one store, the rack was over 30 years old and still holding so no worries that it's short lived. This is what I do with my racks. I Urathane the wood but use block for the major support. (y)

Ah ok. Thanks Andy!! If I had more time on the next rack I'd do that. I have fish arriving Wednesday. I'm always flying by the seat of my pants. I will take my time with the 70g I plan to put up and will seal the wood first on that one. I'm liking the burned wood idea.

Well, with my mother's habit of buying plecos and putting multiples in her small tanks, she claims 2 keep fighting. I have no idea what kind they are but now I'm putting which ever one she can catch in the 20 l at the bottom of my guppy rack. It will just have to go with the Thai black moscows when they arrive.

Musical tanks, lol. Welcome to a fishroom. Hehehe..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom