Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone tried the Cobalt flake food? It's a pretty penny and I'm wondering if it's all that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great stuff, even my wild apistos eat it. Which reminds me it's about time for a new can.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like to switch it up food wise. Right now for flake I use NLS and Omega One tropical and Omega One color enhancer formula. I also feed a concoction of thawed frozen foods and live foods. Ordered a brine shrimp hatching kit today.

Ahhh gillie.... I keep looking ay your wild borellii apisto pair. Trying to resist. But now i find out they have the same diet already....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been feeding the cobalt flake for a while. Fish gobble it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good to know it's popular with the fish. The red guppies don't like the color enhancing flakes so much. Last night I served an eviction notice in my mom's plecos in my 10g. I just bought her a 29g and she's finishing putting it up today so they can go in there. I've been up most of the night with the cancer cat and worry he won't be coming home from the vet later this morning.

Picking up albino aeneus corys to up my breeding stock, sterbai for mom's 20g long and more plants this evening. Have to finish the second rack build and do water changes on all the guppies. Gonna be a busy day.

Ahhh gillie.... I keep looking ay your wild borellii apisto pair. Trying to resist. But now i find out they have the same diet already....

Look at em some more??

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441714117929.jpg
    1441714117929.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 86
Mr. BN has taken up residence in the new cave I added last night. Got a little crazy today and bought 5 new 10g tanks. Only one of them was $1 per gallon. The other 4 are actually Marineland. I'm going to set up my racks a little differently. Had to buy a giant bag of Hikari Massivore Delight sinking wafers for the L333. The rainbows keep eating all the food and I'm not sure the plecos are getting any.

Ok so the bn are spawning in the new cave as I type. Tonight I evict the plecos out of my 10g and I am tired of ich in one tank
Temp at 86 which is what I did last time and it came back so I dosed API Super Ick Cure which contains malachite green and nitrofurazone. I had to half the dose due to the rubber lip pleco but this and the heat combined should knock it out this time I hope.

Picking Up Albino Aeneus And Sterbai Corys tomorrow instead of tonight. Need one piece of wood to finish my rack and that won't get cut until tomorrow am. I also got an order from the lfs for red guppies. I'm going to use the credit to buy the Cobalt tropical flakes and work them I to my feeding rotation.

So the bn male abandoned the first cave so I pulled it just in case. I could see a few eggs but nothing much.

Attachments

• 1441765559334.jpg
    1441765559334.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 80
New resident. Charlotte has moved in with her egg sack. She's bigger than a half dollar. I wouldn't mind except I almost put my hand on her putting the ladder away. I don't need a spider bite right now.

Attachments

• 1441765657270.jpg
    1441765657270.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 80
Doesn't look like a wolf spider but is it a brown recluse? I know by me those are the only 2 that bite people

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really have no idea what it is. The legs are striped brown and tan. I should Google brown recluse because if it is then I'll have to kill it.

Does it have the shape of a fiddle/violin on its back? We have em thick here.

I Googled it. Very large wolf spider. I know we get wolf spiders but didn't think the brown recluse was this far north. I could be mistaken

This Charlotte made a Web across the whole porch this morning. I had to use a piece of wood so that I could get through

Attachments

• 1441767028495.jpg
    1441767028495.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 70
I texted my mother that there was a big wolf spider and she came running down and killed it.

Does it have the shape of a fiddle/violin on its back? We have em thick here.

Nope. Twas the wolf variety upon further investigation.

Back
Top Bottom