Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok pleco experts. Please identify and I do hope it's not a common.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441659128363.jpg
    1441659128363.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 1441659153881.jpg
    1441659153881.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 78
Looks like a common to me, but I'm no expert.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Looks like a common to me, but I'm no expert.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing.

Rack 2. Just waiting on the old dude to cut the wood as he doesn't like me to use his power tools. This will hold 2 x 20 longs and 1 x 10g on top. Corys will go here.

Attachments

• 1441661488928.jpg
    1441661488928.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 70
Found these in a plastic tote. Forgot I had them. No idea if the two motors work or not. Replacement motors cost almost what a new filter costs. Lol like AC 50 and 2 AC 30. I also have a working AC 70 that I will probably use for one of the 20g long tanks. I bought a bag of organic peat and now I can't find it. (Story of my life) it's time to split my white worm culture. I also discovered a bunch of various sized pleco caves and some small flower pots.

Attachments

• 1441664865716.jpg
    1441664865716.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 1441664971234.jpg
    1441664971234.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 81
Here's a better pic of my white worm culture. I use the Fluval plant tongs so I don't have to handle them. I can actually hear them doing what worms do. If anyone wants more info let me know.

Attachments

• 1441665163004.jpg
    1441665163004.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 79
Here's a better pic of my white worm culture. I use the Fluval plant tongs so I don't have to handle them. I can actually hear them doing what worms do. If anyone wants more info let me know.

What do you feed them? I bought spirulina and astaxanthin powders to mix with whole grain baby cereal.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I gut load them with NLS flakes. Just have to keep them moist and dark and not too hot, so I keep mine on the basement floor under a chair. They aren't like microworms, they're much larger. I feed them to all my fish. Corys devour them. Found out the L333 are meat eaters not herbivores. I'm going to pet shop tomorrow to see if they need red guppies and will pick up some of those Hikari meat sticks. Saturday I'll pick up Meat Pie or something like it from Repashy.

Just pulled another batch or corys eggs and put in another specimen container. Previous batch should start to hatch tomorrow.

Just for giggles here is my supervisor. She torments my dog and thinks at 7 lbs that she will kill the dogs. Attacks them if they get too close. She's a purebred European Burmese. She is very much a demon. Doesn't really like the other cats and is extremely in your face clingy.

Attachments

• 1441667408513.jpg
    1441667408513.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 79
Cats all like.... hooman finks this box will protect her aquatic toys from.my clutches... mmmmmwhhwhahhaahhahaha...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cats all like.... hooman finks this box will protect her aquatic toys from.my clutches... mmmmmwhhwhahhaahhahaha...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One fatty broke my 20g versa top already. It wasn't her. They're so naughty.

So I ordered a couple AC motors. In other news my male bn has left his cave and is checking out another that I just put in earlier today. I'm assuming that means fry are a no go. If first female is sterile then at least I have another. I did see eggs in her egg spot (ovipostior?) But who knows.

Decided to give this brand a try. They're soft so they can be broken apart yet still sink. The plecos love them so much I need more for the plant eaters.

Attachments

• 1441680716282.jpg
    1441680716282.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 101
Has anyone tried the Cobalt flake food? It's a pretty penny and I'm wondering if it's all that.

I served an eviction notice on my mom's two possible brown bn plecos in my 10g tank. Another unauthorized purchase when I wasn't looking. I just bought her a 29g so she can have the plecs in there for now. In her 20 long is what I suspect to be another common pleco. Ugh!!!

Cobalt pro breeder flake with probiotics to be exact.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use it. Love it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll probably get a big can of the flake and some more New Era Plec food when I trade in my red strain guppies this week. Last week he told me that he would take more this week so we will see.

Back
Top Bottom