Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my emerald dwarf rasbora fry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1451358319707.jpg
    1451358319707.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 62
I'm not sure. 6 or 7 maybe counting the juvie. They hide and are so shy I just can't count them. I've had them for a few years now.

Brenna

You might try adding a dither fish -- a fish that stays near the surface of the water and helps shy fish feel more comfortable. Don't know if you have any in that tank, but just a suggestion

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a very small tank. Just the emeralds and some habrosus. Not much room for anything else. Maybe a scarlet badis?

Brenna

I don't know.. Don't know much about scarlet badis (in my mind they're more of a center piece fish, but that's just me.. Sort of like cichlids, but I dunno much of their behavior..), but guppies are good dither fish. Maybe try putting a couple males in the tank. If the badis won't pick on the fry and will stay near the surface of the water you could try them, but personally I'd stick with the guppies. Put a couple male culls in the tank or a couple good males that you'd take out and breed with the females you want them to breed with, but since that may stress all fish concerned out I'd stick with culls

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Badis would be perfect, they come from the same lake as the emerald dwarf rasboras!

I have 10 and they are soooo shy. I tried placing guppies with them but made no difference, in fact the guppies starting becoming skittish.

Whenever they feel the vibrations of me coming to the tank they scatter and hide. I also tried moving my zebra danios over but that scared them away.

Maybe a whole bunch of shrimp will help? I don't know...

I ordered scarlet badis and ended with rose badis which is just fine. I brought them home out them in a specimen container to calm down and I go back to the basement and 3 of the 6 are missing. Little buggers jumped out from 5ft and maybe 5 inches in the air! So in a complete panic I call my mom down and told her to bring a flash light. I found one swimming in the frigid water on the basement floor from the flooding. I finally found another under the rack for the tanks in the water. And number 3 is MIA. I don't think the one i found under the rack is going to make it. The water was so cold. So lesson learned these buggers can and do jump! Now pardon me while I stand in the corner and cry.

I ordered scarlet badis and ended with rose badis which is just fine. I brought them home out them in a specimen container to calm down and I go back to the basement and 3 of the 6 are missing. Little buggers jumped out from 5ft and maybe 5 inches in the air! So in a complete panic I call my mom down and told her to bring a flash light. I found one swimming in the frigid water on the basement floor from the flooding. I finally found another under the rack for the tanks in the water. And number 3 is MIA. I don't think the one i found under the rack is going to make it. The water was so cold. So lesson learned these buggers can and do jump! Now pardon me while I stand in the corner and cry.

Crap, that sucks. How cold was the water exactly.. These guys in the wild lived in 60 degrees just fine...hope the little guys survive... I'm surprised they jumped tbh..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I order a Dwarf Cichlid book and according to Amazon it was just delivered. I'm working but we are still reading fish books. Training my future assistant.

Attachments

• 1451499641850.jpg
    1451499641850.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 1451499666891.jpg
    1451499666891.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 1451499691353.jpg
    1451499691353.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 68
I have someone in training too, but not to help me. The daughter's boyfriend is starting a job at a lfs around the corner so I am cramming all kinds of stuff between his ears and hoping it sticks lol.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lmfao.... Sounds like this one might be ok to allow within 10ft of the daughter.... But only 10ft for now. Maybe we'll revisit the topic when you climb the lfs ladder and prove your worth. ( shotgun click)... Now go be good to my daughter... Lmfao.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have someone in training too, but not to help me. The daughter's boyfriend is starting a job at a lfs around the corner so I am cramming all kinds of stuff between his ears and hoping it sticks lol.

Omg your daughter is old enough for a boyfriend who works. The driving thing must give you heart attacks.

My future assistant is about to turn 9
I told him when he's older I'll hire him.

Brenna

The good lord new better than to send me an offspring with 2 X chromosomes.

The good lord new better than to send me an offspring with 2 X chromosomes.

He knew better than to allow me any. I just take care of other peoples. I'm stricter than their mom is about certain things. We have fun though.

Brenna

Book is called "South American Dwarf Cichlids (Aqualog 1). Anyone have it? I can't wait to go home and vacuum water and read my book. I love new fish books!

Book is called "South American Dwarf Cichlids (Aqualog 1). Anyone have it? I can't wait to go home and vacuum water and read my book. I love new fish books!

Not much to read it's mostly just pics of the different species and forms, great reference though.
The best book is printed in German and costs 200.00

Back
Top Bottom