Brian's 2.11g Rimless Pico Cube (AquaTop)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Nothing big... just different. It's a tiny tank so not much I can do with it... I want to keep it minimal with low light plants (it's all my light can handle anyway).

So, with that said.. I did a test run with the Africana substrate. I tied my needle leaf java fern to a piece of Malaysian DW, planted a crypt in the back, and squeezed in some Anubias sp. Petite where I could.

I'm still trying to get my hands on some Mini Xmas Moss as I think this would look nice to soften the transition from substrate to the DW.

Here are some pics :)

9860484296_f390324b5d_c.jpg

FTS's (multi-angle):
9860460204_2f9b16c051_c.jpg

9860560423_f4b4597b24_c.jpg

9860483906_3694a9796c_c.jpg

Hi Janis! I think some of your fissidens might look good in here! ;)

Dan.. Haha... Agreed! That is indeed the shrimp stratum and your Seiryu stone after i took a hammer and chisel to it! Thank you again!

Here are some inspirational cubes to where I'm trying to go with this:

View attachment 161709

View attachment 161710

I wonder what the light for that first tank is.

Doesn't look like a standard aquarium lighting fixture.

Thanks! Nothing big... just different. It's a tiny tank so not much I can do with it... I want to keep it minimal with low light plants (it's all my light can handle anyway).

So, with that said.. I did a test run with the Africana substrate. I tied my needle leaf java fern to a piece of Malaysian DW, planted a crypt in the back, and squeezed in some Anubias sp. Petite where I could.

I'm still trying to get my hands on some Mini Xmas Moss as I think this would look nice to soften the transition from substrate to the DW.

Here are some pics :)

9860484296_f390324b5d_c.jpg

FTS's (multi-angle):
9860460204_2f9b16c051_c.jpg

9860560423_f4b4597b24_c.jpg

9860483906_3694a9796c_c.jpg

That light looks amazing.

Was the shot taken with long exposure or does it look that bright in real life too?

I'm interested to get one if it is!

Yeah it's a longer exposure... this light is good for low light plants (low tech -- maybe some medium variety).

I know it's a completely different moss look-wise but have you seen the mini-fissidens for sale on TPT? It's definitely on my to try list, although I may have to wait until I'm no longer a starving college student with that steep price!

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440025

Yeah that is steep. I'm a college student too (2nd degree/career change), so I know the starving student status firsthand. It sucks! Lol

Yeah it's a longer exposure... this light is good for low light plants (low tech -- maybe some medium variety).

So thats two things I need to learn from you, aquascaping and photography.

You take some good pics, may I ask what camera, shutter speed, aperature and lens you are using to take these pics?

LOL... it's my Galaxy S4 smartphone on night mode. Then I just do a little blur effect to the background in photoshop because I don't really want my kitchen counter in the pics! I'll also crop, resize, and do a minor adjustment to the curve in PS too... nothing major.

However, I do have a DSLR that I'll sometimes bust out.

Back
Top Bottom