Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you spot feed it anything? With that many heads it would take alot of mysis to feed each head

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did when I first got it but not anymore. Sometimes I'll squirt some food at it but not really. The only coral that gets fed everyday in my tank is my fathead dendrophyllia which is non photosynthetic

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ubpqOSy.jpg
h24NRgx.jpg
oHGRi2u.jpg
nloIMVX.jpg
CHKQWDn.jpg
sO7dvmL.jpg
zAG84fV.jpg
giYu0G0.jpg
puOxAvk.jpg
i.imgur.com/afs74jx.jpg[/IMG]

I already posted it lol!

Looking foward to it! Get one of the Potters if you can. Im pretty happy with my brs reactor. They are built tough.

Yeah I'm liking the reactor! It seems to be working ok. Gonna change up the sponge next time so the GFO tumbles a bit more but it is ok for now.

Yeah I'm liking the reactor! It seems to be working ok. Gonna change up the sponge next time so the GFO tumbles a bit more but it is ok for now.

I hate how the sponges trap air under them on the initial fill. You dont want it to tumble too much though and grind itself down into sludge. I always try to mimic waves in the ocean on the top surface of GFO, sometimes it channels though which is annoying. The reactor is solid though. Be sure not to over tighten it! Just snug. (y)

Photos and coral look great though. That Potter's is a good looking fish man!

Really sad day...lost my kole tang :(. He was eating and swimming great yesterday but found him dead today. Pretty upset over the loss and definitely won't be doing anymore tangs until I have a big system

That's odd. I've had my kole tang for almost 2 yrs with no issues. Any thoughts on potential causes? Sorry about the loss.

Really sad day...lost my kole tang :(. He was eating and swimming great yesterday but found him dead today. Pretty upset over the loss and definitely won't be doing anymore tangs until I have a big system

Sorry to hear that Bribo. I've considered getting one, but I dont think the 40B is big enough though some people have had good luck with them. Is there plans for a bigger system? :brows:

Thanks everyone. I did a small autopsy and pulled out some weird stuff from inside so I'm thinking it was possibly internal parasites. I'm beating myself up because if so that was preventable...weird thing is though he didn't look like he really lost weight. All the other fish in the tank are doing fantastic though.

Also should of realized getting a healthy fish from petco was to good to be true :(

Also should of realized getting a healthy fish from petco was to good to be true :(

Yea, its unlikely. My Orchid Dottyback came from Petco and is still being a champ though! I have have several from them that died though. I hate seeing a 10-15 gallon tank loaded with Yellow Tangs, and a dead one in the corner. All about the money these big box stores. :( I'm glad I have a buddy that recently opened up his own reef & reptile store with a friend of his. Knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The store seems to be doing very well too. Here is their facebook page just in case you wanna check them out.
https://www.facebook.com/Clarksville-Reef-Reptiles-1875336096025334/?fref=nf

Yeah I'll definitely check them out! Yeah I'm not beating on petco, just really don't have any good ones near me. Heck I have 0 good lfs, well I have pacific east but they close before I get off work :(.

In other news the tangs passing opens up stocking...
I'm getting a leopard wrasse at some point but other than that I want one more small fish. Possibly thinking about trying a yasha goby pair again...

Yeah I'll definitely check them out! Yeah I'm not beating on petco, just really don't have any good ones near me. Heck I have 0 good lfs, well I have pacific east but they close before I get off work :(.

In other news the tangs passing opens up stocking...
I'm getting a leopard wrasse at some point but other than that I want one more small fish. Possibly thinking about trying a yasha goby pair again...

I had an ich episode from the coral beauty I got at petco. In fact, I got my maroon there, but he's always been fine.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Came home with a beautiful leopard wrasse today. Saw him eat frozen and pellets at the store! Can't wait to show he off once she's in the tank

Stupid fish wakes up at 7 am and goes to bed at 7 pm right before I get home from work! She'd better get on a new sleep schedule if she wants food!! Jk I guess I'll have to feed her in the morning, still trying to get a pic as well but man is she beautiful

my coris wrasse is the same way you can set your clocks to him , would love to get a leopard I suddenly became obsessed with wrasses think it's all the coloration they have,
if he senses food in the water he should come out to eat

Sounds cool. I loves leopard wrasses! Wrasses are some of the coolest fish and IME their sleep schedule is like clock work. Cant wait to see em Bribo!

Back
Top Bottom