Bright neon greenish algae ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomas88r

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is this a type of coralline ? Best pic I could get its dead middle of the picture it's starting to pop up all over my tank. This is a new tank around a month old it almost looks like mold, the picture really doesn't do justice for its color it's like a bright neon blueish green ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467425876.291492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the same issue. Some spots are green and others are purple. Even the seashell that I threw in are starting to show some purple. I just don't know how to upload a picture.[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's called Cyanobacteria so it's technically not an algae. It's quite common. I'm freshwater they say increasing nitrates (not recommended in saltwater), lowering dissolved organics, lowering light and increasing flow to the areas gets rid of it.

I have been battling this for months in my freshwater tank and the only one of those from above that was the most effective was increasing water flow to the areas.

The picture sucks I know I'm doing a change today I'll just do enough to get that out the water and get a closer pic. It doesn't look anything close to what the web is showing cyno as. It's exactly like the purple coralline I have just green which is why I thought it may be coralline. Not saying your wrong

Back
Top Bottom