Brine shrimp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mania

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, in my bristlenose breeding tank i recently added real plants and now i have ramshorn snails to contend with but getting that under control. Lots of things are starting to worry me as now if i look closley at the glass walls of the tank there are these small white dots that will cling to the glass for a little while then swim around in a darty burst of energy sort of then cling to the glass again. Also tonight i saw a small worm looking thing slithering across the glass. What the **** is going on?? The bristlenose recently spawned but the eggs were eaten and there is only a female and male bristlenose in the tank. A mate told me the ramshorns must've eaten the eggs???
Any light to shed on this would be great!!

Hey all, in my bristlenose breeding tank i recently added real plants and now i have ramshorn snails to contend with but getting that under control. Lots of things are starting to worry me as now if i look closley at the glass walls of the tank there are these small white dots that will cling to the glass for a little while then swim around in a darty burst of energy sort of then cling to the glass again. Also tonight i saw a small worm looking thing slithering across the glass. What the **** is going on?? The bristlenose recently spawned but the eggs were eaten and there is only a female and male bristlenose in the tank. A mate told me the ramshorns must've eaten the eggs???
Any light to shed on this would be great!!

Interestingly enough, earlier today someone posted a similar issue. I'd suggest checking it out to see if it's the same thing.

Good Luck!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/new-aquarium-guests-water-fleas-152194.html

I had a very much similar experience in my shrimp tank, except the worm. My shrimp i believe ate the white "things" either that or they died out

The dots are most likely FW copepods. The worm is most likely planaria. Check google images to see if they match. Increased gravel vacs and PWCs will help eliminate them. They pose no risk to your fish. What size tank?

Back
Top Bottom