Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also curious. I see one Bolivian on top, probably a male but maybe not, a male GBR below, and a female GBR below him.

Mine?! All wc blue rams, juvie female on top, male on front and fem behind him..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I swear the top one looks like a Bolivian but I see the GBR in her now.

So top is female, middle is male and bottom female?

I swear the top one looks like a Bolivian but I see the GBR in her now.

So top is female, middle is male and bottom female?

Yes, she's a bit pale I suppose.

The center dark lines and lack of blue shows that it's stressed. Usually from nitrates. And with GBRs, the best way to sex IMO, is to whether or not it has a pink tummy. I would go with male for pittbully's.

They're not gbrs!!! They're wild caught rams, no hormones, the lines would be from them getting beat on right after feeding.. nitrates never breach 20ppm in that tank.. they're healthy and happy. Yes I know they're happy because they came to me in sweat house vision..

They're not gbrs!!! They're wild caught rams, no hormones, the lines would be from them getting beat on right after feeding.. nitrates never breach 20ppm in that tank.. they're healthy and happy. Yes I know they're happy because they came to me in sweat house vision..

I wasn't really referring to your rams. And even if they're wild caught, they're still German blues. And I honestly only have experience with wild caughts.

I wasn't really referring to your rams. And even if they're wild caught, they're still German blues. And I honestly only have experience with wild caughts.

That's cool, the upper female was def showing stress patterns, I'd be too if I got chased like her after a good meal. .

Hey fresh, 2 words.. pogo and otos. .. I'm new with the pogo but the solid main stem looks promising?? Look at what these guys did in one day aahahahah

Attachments

• 1409265571330.jpg
    1409265571330.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 1409265580665.jpg
    1409265580665.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 82
The pogo looks fine. Not the fastest grower. Patience is needed. Some stems tend to grow more than others. One of mine branched to 3 stems. Trimmed and replanted those. Two are doing well and the third dropped leaves and died. The new growth in the center is yellowish; might be due to the second light fixture.
That looks like a buffet for those Otos!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The pogo looks fine. Not the fastest grower. Patience is needed. Some stems tend to grow more than others. One of mine branched to 3 stems. Trimmed and replanted those. Two are doing well and the third dropped leaves and died. The new growth in the center is yellowish; might be due to the second light fixture.
That looks like a buffet for those Otos!

I don't even know anymore? Do I dare cut to one sat+? Still dialing in the co2. Yellow you say? Sir. The center of the pogo appears yellow?

Just an observation about the new growth (center of the plant) appears yellowish:
vk6Dx9E.png
I9qvFtY.png

Don't cut your lights just yet. I just started using the FugeRay with the Planted+ and this time with elevated phosphate I hope to hold off the GSA.

That's cool, the upper female was def showing stress patterns, I'd be too if I got chased like her after a good meal. .

Lol. I won't ever talk about GBRs ever again.

Just an observation about the new growth (center of the plant) appears yellowish:
vk6Dx9E.png
I9qvFtY.png

Don't cut your lights just yet. I just started using the FugeRay with the Planted+ and this time with elevated phosphate I hope to hold off the GSA.

I don't know man.. everything seems to have done it's major melt, the ar looks pathetic still but everything else needs a proper trim and it's btbu!! The vesuvias looks stellar aside from a few stragglers.. i will do a fts tomorrow night and we shall compare it in a few weeks, me thinks happiness is right around the corner.

Fresh. Pm me on 4dkh ?

I don't know man.. everything seems to have done it's major melt, the ar looks pathetic still but everything else needs a proper trim and it's btbu!! The vesuvias looks stellar aside from a few stragglers.. i will do a fts tomorrow night and we shall compare it in a few weeks, me thinks happiness is right around the corner.

Fresh. Pm me on 4dkh ?

Pm sent.
Are the sat+ on separate timers? Maybe you can reduce the overlap time.

Pm sent.
Are the sat+ on separate timers? Maybe you can reduce the overlap time.

No but surely there's always room for another timer! Starting to look like Nasa command control in the cabinet. I've switched the photoperiod up to 2.5 on, off, 4.5 on.. both periods have co2 1.5 hrs prior to lights on. Do you think running just the one light on the morning would benefit from the co2 or just become another problem??
On second thought I'm going to leave the lights on 15 hrs a day because these otos are freaking machines!! I have/had some in my other tank and they were no where near as efficient as these new guys!!

One light only in the am session with CO2 should be fine. The CO2 level is pretty low at that time and IMO the lighting should match that. It is most likely highest later in the day when it has had a chance to build up. This would be when both lights are on.
I've not kept Otos in a while but you should be able to supplement their diet with veggies such as zucchini, squash, and lettuce. It's a good sign to see them eating like that.

Back
Top Bottom