Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, alright, alrighttt.. stand is finished.. not my finest work but it will do for now. .made good use of the tetra leds that came with the 10g. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411946970417.jpg
    1411946970417.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 1411946978108.jpg
    1411946978108.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1411946987110.jpg
    1411946987110.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 94
Nice work! Counter top looks very high end. Side utility door is quite useful and the under cabinet lights made it look like a fridge. I expected to see a keg in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks great on outside but i bet the inside dosing bottle holder is the bit your unhappy with. Wish i could make things like this though

Nice work! Counter top looks very high end. Side utility door is quite useful and the under cabinet lights made it look like a fridge. I expected to see a keg in there.

Top is about as high end as it gets, solid 2" mahogany. . Guys at the lumber yard gave me a break though. Oh geez.. kegs use co2 ??
plants win..

Looks great on outside but i bet the inside dosing bottle holder is the bit your unhappy with. Wish i could make things like this thoughmpl p l9k

Yah, actually you're exactly correct man, I got a fancy shower caddy to hold all the bottles and such, did not fit like I had hoped, made that in a pinch..

I was thinking one of those things for spice racks or something like that.
Yes, true on the bass. I think that was supposed to be for a bar.

I still have a 2 ft cutoff thumper, slapping Tha beassssss mon!! Mehh I just grabbed some scraps and screwed them together. It serves it's purpose and when the doors shut it's all good... it will most def be re-purposed as a bar when we move :beer::beer::beer::beer:

How do you mean?

For the dosing bottle holder. The front edge is raised and it looks a different finish on the wood.

Im obviously not criticising just as a tradesman like yourself theres always bits you critique about your own work

For the dosing bottle holder. The front edge is raised and it looks a different finish on the wood.

Im obviously not criticising just as a tradesman like yourself theres always bits you critique about your own work

Yup, it's tough doing this stuff at my apt. No space to set up the proper saws so I was doing the cutting on my tailgate in the back lot, being on the 3rd floor makes it a bit more challenging too.. that box was literally constructed in 3 minutes and it shows. It will however hold dosing bottles just fine and when the doors shut it will be our little secret. I'm going to most likely replace it with some fancy steel rack anyways.

Yup, it's tough doing this stuff at my apt. No space to set up the proper saws so I was doing the cutting on my tailgate in the back lot, being on the 3rd floor makes it a bit more challenging too.. that box was literally constructed in 3 minutes and it shows. It will however hold dosing bottles just fine and when the doors shut it will be our little secret. I'm going to most likely replace it with some fancy steel rack anyways.

Yea the outside looks great and thts all tht matters. Anything internal can be remade or left without issue.

All round good job though!

Affordable aquarium furniture is hard to find. I have been tossing the idea around about building a wood canopy. Alas..us lowly ditch diggers don't have much use for miter saws and nice wood finishing tools so...I don't have any...

Affordable aquarium furniture is hard to find. I have been tossing the idea around about building a wood canopy. Alas..us lowly ditch diggers don't have much use for miter saws and nice wood finishing tools so...I don't have any...

Lucky for you home depot makes cuts! start a build thread and we'll get a list of cuts going..
Ps. Package inbound

How have I not seen this yet?!? Subscribed! I'm amazed at how you built stuff for your fish tanks I would never have thought to do that.

How have I not seen this yet?!? Subscribed! I'm amazed at how you built stuff for your fish tanks I would never have thought to do that.

"That's because he has a very particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very long career."

Back
Top Bottom