Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sinks about the stars. Good to hear about the wallichii.
Check the timeline...post a question on your GBR thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ehh, looks like an ember tetra got to curious with the apisto fry.. deadsy in the skimmer.. I was watching her try to ward off a full grown elegans cory.. just sat there taking the abuse, couldn't care less.. she got super pissed and train wrecked it.. Lil guy went upside down for a moment, righted the ship and sailed on.. note to future self.. community tanks with apisto harems need armored fish.. the barbs are ruthless, they're like a pack of wolves. I hate them right now, 2% chance of netting them out so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If any fry make it, I would like to get one in the spring .

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You and my lfs. . These are a cross between 2 strains.. could be nothing.. could be $omething;)

Either way, think of me.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You got it man.. should have a few sole survivors.. not going put of my way to raise them this time..

Last time they had a go, i removed about 30 and left 20. Of the 30 I removed only 7 made it to sex able size after 3 months. In the display developed a female that was 4 times the size of the rest and all ready full canary yellow and looking for action, it was pretty wild to see.. this all happened in a crap 29 gal. This tank now has tons of cover and surely there is a crap ton of micro bugs in all that bba on the rocks.. oh yah.. and she's excavated a cave system along the rock wall.. dude.. these fish go hard, she dissappeared for about 3 weeks. Poof, figured she was a jumper cat toy or the pleco had a big thanksgiving. Than one morning I see all hell breaking lose in the pogo patch.. barbs like jet fighters, corys getting punted like footballs, in all the madness she's there.. with a little bait ball underneath..

Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build

...I see all hell breaking lose in the pogo patch.. barbs like jet fighters, corys getting punted like footballs, in all the madness she's there.. with a little bait ball underneath..

The visuals I get reading this...better than the discovery channel!
That pogo never saw that kind of action in my tank.

The visuals I get reading this...better than the discovery channel!
That pogo never saw that kind of action in my tank.

That's what a cup of strong coffee does to my posting haha.. maybe fresh, time to go get some fish and give that pogo some action!

Idk. I'm approaching month 27 since my last fish purchase so you know I'm holding out for something special. It's just that the plants are so much more easier to deal with IMO.
Will have to visit to LFS and see what they can order and find out where they order from.

Idk. I'm approaching month 27 since my last fish purchase so you know I'm holding out for something special. It's just that the plants are so much more easier to deal with IMO.
Will have to visit to LFS and see what they can order and find out where they order from.

How true! I just use a few fish to decorate the aquarium...not the other way around![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In any professionally done planted tank the stock is minimal. Usually a small shoal of rasboras or tetras. The occasional brood of angels. My tank is def. On the high end of stocking. I don't know... it's how I want it and it's my choice and mine alone. Very few things in life I have 97% control of so...

I did have 6-7 of each (Gold tetra, Longfin Blue Danio) so it was a bit more active at one time. However, I did not replace them as the numbers dwindled over time. Only one I had to euthanize. The rest died off, got lost in the jungle, and became snail/Amano food.
I've had my eye on kuhli loaches but not sure if the tank is suitable for them: brightly lit, open top, no cover aside from the dense star carpet. And I understand that it would be almost impossible to catch them once they go in.

I don't think you'd see them very much in there.. would you prefer more mid water or bottom activity? I like the corys for keeping the crap from settling to long on the bottom. They're always on the go foraging about, this in turn will get particles up for the filters to pick up.

Welp. ... bought a bml last night.. anyone need a current sat plus? Or two;)

Oh boy..... Welcome to the club. Prepare your CO2, and buy a dimmer!

Back
Top Bottom